Rolling Stock Mechanical Design Engineer
- Role type
- Closing Date
Position Title: Rolling Stock Mechanical Design Engineer
Department: Ricardo Rail UK
Due to continued growth, Ricardo Rail Division is looking to strengthen its rolling stock expertise to support the delivery of existing and new projects. We are seeking rolling stock design engineers to undertake and deliver rolling stock engineering projects including the use of 2D and 3D CAD modelling. Our projects cover the whole project lifecycle including: feasibility studies, procurement, concept design, detailed design, testing, independent assurance, operations and maintenance.
This is excellent opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer, of all levels, who wishes to excel in their career with an industry leading consultancy; known for its flexible and supportive culture and which champions the need for career development.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
• Work with clients to understand ultimate objectives and desired outcomes for each project.
• Work on your own initiative under the direction of a project manager to deliver design projects to our clients.
• As part of a team, lead and deliver specific work packages to quality, time and budget.
• Show energy and passion for excellence.
• Engage with clients.
• Support bidding, work winning and delivery of projects.
• Keep up to date with technical developments within the industry.
• Engage in process improvement.
Qualifications / Experience:
• Engineering qualification, or equivalent industry experience.
• Membership of a relevant engineering institution; ideally chartered or working towards.
• CAD experience of both 2D and 3D modelling parts and assemblies, alongside technical drawing production, Ricard Rail uses Solid Works and microstation software.
• Experience of working in a consultancy environment and / or delivering on engineering design projects, ideally in the field of passenger or freight rolling stock, however candidates with relevant experience and competencies will be considered.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with many audiences.
• A visible passion for the rail industry.
• Flexibility to travel in the UK and short durations overseas if required.
Ricardo is a global strategic, technical and environmental consultancy and specialist niche manufacturer of high performance products. We also provide independent assurance services in the rail sector. With a century of delivering excellence and innovation, we employ over 2,500 professional engineers, consultants and scientists world-wide.
Our activities cover a range of market sectors including passenger car, commercial vehicle, rail, defence, motorsport, motorcycle, off-highway, marine, clean energy and power generation. Our client list includes the world’s major transportation original equipment manufacturers, supply chain organisations, energy companies, financial institutions and government agencies. Guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, innovation and passion we enable our customers to achieve sustainable growth and commercial success.
Ricardo Rail Division
Ricardo Rail Division is a global multi-disciplinary rail consultancy providing services in expert advice and independent assurance across the UK, Europe, Middle East and Asia where we employ c500 consultants working on rolling stock, infrastructure and independent assurance projects. Our UK Rail business employs c120 consultants in offices in London, Preston, York, Bristol and Derby, which is our head office. We provide Consultancy and Certification services across rail infrastructure and rolling stock projects to clients including infrastructure managers, train manufactures, equipment manufacturers and maintainers.