IT Application Support Analyst
- Role type
- Bristol, Derby, London, Preston, York
- Closing Date
The Rail Division of Ricardo is looking for an experienced software configuration lead to support its continued roll out of Siemens Polarion Applications Lifecycle Management software. Polarion is rolling out across the business offices which include UK, Netherlands, Denmark, Spain, Middle east (Doha+) and Asia (Beijing+). This COTS software is web based and being used to deliver numerous business client facing services to the rail industry. Our core configuration is in place but significant work is ahead to duplicate this to additional services.
The detailed activities will include and require experience in:
• Relational Database configuration / management
• User licensing management (monitoring, adding, removing)
• Liaison with the software supplier
• Fielding internal and client user queries (internal expert)
• Escalation of user queries / problems that cannot be resolved internally
• Coding in HTML, Java, Apache Velocity (or equivalent)
• An understanding of Requirements and Systems Engineering
• Experience of Software Configuration Management, Version management, Problem tracking, Task Management
• Development and maintenance of training material (e.g. PowerPoint, Visio, in tool)
• A desire to learn
• A desire to be creative and to communicate ideas and identify smarter ways of working
• Ability to plan and flexibility to deal with emerging issues and demanding internal customers
• Good communication skills, showing patience and the ability to tailor approach to the individual
• Microsoft core software skills inc. Excel, Powerpoint, Word
Ricardo is a global strategic, technical and environmental consultancy and specialist niche manufacturer of high performance products. We also provide independent assurance services in the rail sector. With a century of delivering excellence and innovation, we employ over 3,000 professional engineers, consultants and scientists world-wide.
Our activities cover a range of market sectors including passenger car, commercial vehicle, rail, defence, motorsport, motorcycle, off-highway, marine, clean energy and power generation.
Our client list includes the world’s major transportation original equipment manufacturers, supply chain organisations, energy companies, financial institutions and government agencies.
Guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, innovation and passion we enable our customers to achieve sustainable growth and commercial success.
Ricardo Rail is a global multi-disciplinary rail consultancy providing services in expert advice and independent assurance across the UK, Europe, Middle East and Asia where we employ c600 consultants working on rolling stock, infrastructure and independent assurance projects.
Our UK Rail business employs c140 consultants in offices in London, Preston, York, Bristol and Derby, which is our head office..
We provide Consultancy and Certification services across rail infrastructure and rolling stock projects to clients including infrastructure managers, train manufactures, equipment manufacturers and maintainers.
Our shared goal is to be the natural choice provider of expert advice and independent assurance services to the global rail industry. Care, integrity and excellence will always drive our long-term relationships with clients and colleagues.