Assistant Financial Controller
- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
Purpose: Reporting directly to the Financial Controller, and ultimately the Finance Director, the Assistant Financial Controller is responsible for period end consolidated P&L and balance sheet reporting and the day-to-day line management of the Accounts Payable and Employee Expenses team.
- Preparation of consolidated period and year end reporting internally and to parent company.
- Accounting for small group entities including liaising with other group entities to agree results
- Prepare annual budget including insurance data with inputs from FD, FC and Finance Operations Manager.
- Prepare draft annual statutory accounts for some group entities and assisting in the preparation of main company stat accounts
- Assist with the provision of information for audits (internal and external)
- Ensure compliance with internal controls
- Day to day management and support of accounts payable and employee expenses team of 4
- Assist with payroll approval and reporting
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations
- Ensure compliance to tax and VAT requirements, preparation or management of various returns and source tax advice
- Undertake 1-2-1 meetings, appraisals and other staff meetings
- Responsibility for customer credit limits and credit checking
- Improve systems and processes within the team to ensure it is running in the most efficient and effective way, develop new reports.
- Responsibility for finance SharePoint site
- Provide support for wider finance team during peak times and periods of high leave
Key competencies and experience:
The Assistant Financial Controller will be a commercially focused newly qualified or finalist (ACCA/CIMA/ACA). They will need to be able to liaise and influence at all levels. In addition, possess excellent attention to detail and ability to work on their own initiative and prioritise work and meet deadlines. Ideally, they will have strong knowledge of group accounting and experience of managing and motivating a team.
Skills and behaviours:
- Knowledge of statutory accounts and working as part of a multi-national group.
- They will have strong analytical and IT skills and the willingness to work as a team.
- Knowledge of VAT and tax would be beneficial.
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.