Customer Service Consultant
- Role type
- Closing Date
The National Chemical Emergency Centre (NCEC), founded over 45 years ago, is the market leading provider of chemical emergency response services globally, dealing with over 8,000 emergency calls a year on behalf of over 500 companies, including 50% of the largest chemical manufacturers in the world. We are recognised by our clients, the industry and our peers as being the premium provider of these services, and our reputation is based on the outstanding level of knowledge and technical expertise of our emergency response team.
Alongside the emergency response services, we also offer a range of regulatory compliance services (including REACH registration and representation, technical document authoring (SDS, etc.)), software packages for managing SDS and chemicals, as well as training and crisis consultancy and notification.
Today NCEC is part of Ricardo PLC’s subsidiary company, Ricardo Energy & Environment; a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, water, environmental and our chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability.
NCEC has established customer service and Account Management teams supporting its chemical emergency response helpline business. Due to growth in the customer base over the last few years, and planned future growth, both of these teams are now being expanded.
NCEC has delivered double digit growth in the last three years and we are looking for the right individual to take a lead in making their contribution to this growth by building relationships with existing and new clients. The key objective of this role is to provide excellent Customer Service support, whilst seeking opportunities to up/cross sell our services..
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to develop their career with potential to progress within NCEC and Ricardo Energy & Environment. Working with Customer Service and Account managers you will benefit from developing under the guidance, skills and experience of our team.
You will be managing service delivery on behalf of the range of customers subscribing predominantly to our Emergency Response service.
Delivery - The customer service consultant will be the main point of contact for day-to-day operational delivery and accountability for actions arising from daily operations and queries. They will coordinate activities of others in carrying out customer-related actions, e.g.: the emergency responder team, data coordinator, head of operations.
Account management - The customer service consultant will help implement a series of activities which support the account management strategy; to ensure customer satisfaction and efficiency of delivery, communications and service management. There will be an emphasis on external communications in order to raise the profile and leverage cross sell/up sell opportunities
Engagement- The customer service consultant will provide input to ensure appropriate processes and communication channels are in place to support identification of sales opportunities and changes in account categorisation. They will input into and define an appropriate communications/ engagement strategy which ensures we are demonstrating our value and differentiation versus our competitors.
Managing risk - They will act on any issues affecting prompt payment, satisfaction, long-term retention, etc. recognising, and where possible, preventing any risks arising from non-standard delivery.
- Pre-sales and implementation - The customer service consultant will project manage and support the implementation of new customers subscribing to the service. They will provide delivery leadership during the discovery/setup processes (including pre-sales) ensuring client expectations are managed and sales messages are in line with actual service levels.
- Guidance - The customer service consultant will liaise with internal teams whose roles relate to service delivery, e.g.: emergency responders, procedures, data, accounts and sales teams to advise and provide guidance on elements of customer service enabling others to deliver a high-quality service.
Key competencies and experience:
You should be able to demonstrate the below criteria;
- Broad experience of customer service best practice
- A professional, organised and disciplined individual who has a proven track record of effectively and efficiently managing a large customer base.
- An awareness of how to make effective decisions in a complex delivery environment, with support from the Head of Customer Service and equipped with service-specific training provided at the outset of their employment
- A-levels (or equivalent) in English, or Business/ Management/ Marketing subjects would be an advantage, as would professional qualifications relating to business, management or marketing
- Experience working with a CRM system such as MS Dynamics would be an advantage
- You would already be a Customer Service Consultant, although those with other, relevant customer service experience would also be considered
Skills and behaviours:
- An organised customer service professional
- A team player able to work with a wide range of stakeholders both inside and outside of the organisation, being comfortable and confident in working with clients to ensure they are getting value from our services, and seeking further support opportunities
- Committed to continuous improvement of service delivery
- Enthusiastic about sharing knowledge and expertise with the team to encourage improvement in the function of the customer service team as a whole
- Comfortable working in a dynamic operational environment, occasionally involving elements of quick decision-making
- Willing to embrace Ricardo’s values of Passion, Innovation, Integrity and Respect and aim to lead others towards high standards of behavior and performance.
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.