Senior Rail Assessor
- Role type
- Closing Date
Position Title: Senior Assessor (INF)
Department: Ricardo Certification Iberia
Reporting to: Director Ricardo Certification
Ricardo Certification Iberia based in Madrid is part of Ricardo Rail, a world class leader delivering engineering services in the rail world. Whilst the work directly contracted to Ricardo Certification Iberia is certification and assessment work (NoBo, DeBo, ISA, ASBO, etc), the work for Ricardo Rail is rail engineering (and sometimes non-railway) consultancy and design, which engineers are encouraged to participate in.
Ricardo provides consultancy and independent assurance services, including NoBo, DeBo, AsBo and ISA, across signalling, infrastructure and rolling stock to clients including infrastructure managers, train manufacturers, equipment manufacturers and maintainers. Our shared goal is to be the natural choice provider of expert advice and independent assurance services to the global rail industry. Ricardo Certification is a Notified Body for the European Technical Specifications for Interoperability (TSIs), an Assessment Body for the European Common Safety Method (CSM-RA) and an Independent Safety Assessor (ISA). Care, integrity and excellence will always drive our long-term relationships with clients and colleagues.
Due to continued growth we are now looking to strengthen our capability. The role we are seeking to fill is that of a Rail Senior Assessor /Consultant to support our business, especially in respect of the requirements of the Infrastructure TSI.
Accountability / Key Responsibilities:
- You will work on the delivery of projects providing expert advice on Railway Systems (Infrastructure, Signalling, Energy) and Safety Engineering services to the project deliverables and directly to the client as required.
- You will be assessing the design of rail systems to confirm compliance with the relevant standards in the destination countries. You will also be involved in developing market opportunities and preparing winning proposals.
- Provide expertise and advice to Ricardo Certification, Ricardo Rail and external clients on good engineering practice, potential solutions, railway standards and EU Legislation.
- To check and/or review the work of colleagues and provide constructive feedback as required.
- Plan and implement project activities, ensuring that they are undertaken within agreed resource parameters and delivered on time.May be required to manage projects, leading and motivating team members.
- To develop new tools/techniques to meet the needs of clients, identifying best practice from other markets or countries as required, and teaching new skills to others as appropriate.
- Where appropriate, to take an active role in business development activities, drafting proposals in response to ITTs and leading the bid process, demonstrating market knowledge and applying commercial acumen appropriately.
- To encourage ideas and lead project and ad hoc activities, applying precedent and experience to decision making processes, whilst recognising when new solutions are required.
- To pursue continuous professional development to build experience and expand knowledge and expertise.
- One or both of:
- experience in civil engineering and requirements for the built infrastructure (bridges, tunnels, viaducts, embankments, platforms etc);
- track engineering - knowledge of track formation, track and structure gauge requirements, wheel-rail interface, track bed, plain line rail, switches and crossings, ballast, sleepers and fastenings.
- Knowledge of geotechnical engineering would be advantageous;
- Application of applicable standards from general civil engineering and relevant railway engineering standards and practices (especially those from Spain and EU Rail Regulations including especially the Infrastructure TSI).