Technical Director - Water Resources
- Role type
- Full time, Part time, Permanent
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
Our Water and Environment practice offers a comprehensive range of specialist services within the environmental consultancy sector. Nationally and internationally recognised for our expertise in planning and overseeing complex and sensitive projects, our skills have been utilised by a wide range of clients within the public and private sectors including the European Commission, government, water companies, infrastructure providers and developers.
We are seeking a Technical Director to play a leading role in our Water & Environment team, specifically within Water Resources. You will be an expert in the regulatory, business and policy environment of water resource management in which our clients operate, and have the gravitas to work at senior levels across the water sector.
Key Skills & Experience:
As a Technical Director you are likely to have an MSc/PhD with significant experience of water resource management, in the UK and potentially internationally. You should be able to demonstrate significant capability in technical leadership and delivery in complex water resources and environmental projects, specifically in one or more of the following areas:
- Water resource management planning, including options assessment, SEA, HRA and WFD assessment
- Catchment Management (including Natural Capital)
- Climate change impact assessment and adaptation planning
- Preparation of drought permits and associated management plans.
- National Environmental Programme experience, including flow studies and abstraction investigations
In addition you will demonstrate:
- Significant relevant experience in consultancy or similar comparable or related working environment.
- Breadth and depth of experience from working with variety of clients and organisations within and outside water companies.
- Entrepreneurial approach to the development of new business opportunities.
- Effective and highly developed communication skills, both written and oral, including excellent report and bid-writing skills and ability to give presentations and lead debate at all levels.
- Capable of engaging with breadth of leadership teams across all functions, constructively influencing and driving strategic and operational change
- Recognised by clients as leading expert in the field of water resource management
- A passion for delivering high quality work, identifying and securing new opportunities on a wide range of topics and bringing new ideas to the table for successfully growing the business;
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to create a motivated and high performance team;
- Have personal drive and determination to succeed, be self-determining and able to positively contribute to the business at senior management level in a consultancy environment;
- Proven experience of leading large complex bids including the management of bid teams, development of methodology and presentation and developing follow-on work with customers and creating new business opportunities;
You will have experience leading multi-disciplinary teams and in providing technical oversight. The ability to direct projects and be the key point of contact with clients will be important. Previous experience of working in consultancy, or directly with Water Companies would be an advantage. You will integrate with a team that has an excellent record working for multiple UK Water Company clients, and we have strong ambitions to grow our international business.
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment strives to be an equal opportunities employer