Project Administrator - Energy (Part time)
- Role type
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and waste expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
The Energy Practice is one of our seven practices with the business. It comprises a group of highly experienced professionals specialising in techno-economic and management consultancy services for the energy sector, with particular emphasis on the power and heat sectors. The Practice has a broad range of clients from Governments, regulators, financial institutions and energy companies. Our strength lies in our ability to combine strategic, economic and technical advice as an integrated consultancy service to public and private sector clients. Our work includes the management of Government programmes such as the Combined Heat and Power Quality Assurance programme and the Renewable Heat Incentives programme, providing certifications and auditing work. The role of Project Administrator enables us to deliver this work more efficiently .The role is based on part time working hours up to 3 days per week..
The Project Administrator will provide dedicated support to a team of technical consultants within the Energy practice but also working on two key projects; CHP Quality Assurance (CHPQA) and Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) Auditing. You will be responsible for a large proportion of the administrative work within the business area and therefore the role is both broad and critical to key consultancy activities and supporting others. You will also be involved in making international and UK travel bookings.
CHPQA is a Government initiative providing a practical, determinate method for assessing all types and sizes of Combined Heat & Power (CHP) schemes throughout the UK. Ricardo Energy & Environment is the validator and auditor of in excess of 1,300 new and existing CHP installations in the UK that are assessed and certified every year. We maintain a website that acts as a centralised, one-stop-shop public information service on CHP, a web-based CHP Assessment tool and the UK CHP Development Map that enables locations to be identified where the supply of CHP heat would have the greatest potential, and therefore the largest positive environmental impact. You will be involved in processing applications, issuing certificates of accreditation, assisting with compiling annual statistics and dealing with helpline enquiries.
Ricardo Energy & Environment has been appointed as Ofgem’s auditors for the RHI domestic programme. We have audited well over 1,000 renewable heat installations across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland in recent years.. You will liaise with applicants and auditors to schedule appointments and act as the point of contact with Ofgem.
- Assisting in the compiling and filing of project documentation for national audit programmes for the Energy Practice.
- Assisting in the organisation and scheduling of site visits for various audits, including dealing with householders and business owners to arrange visits and follow-up information requests.
- Assisting in an Accreditation Programme: processing applications, submissions and certificates.
- Assisting with queries into a dedicated telephone helpline and email account
- Ensuring that project administration and QA documents are up to date and readily accessible.
- Setting up electronic project filing systems using a standard company format
- Assisting in the organisation and booking of UK and international travel.
- Assisting in the compilation of appropriate project documentation for invoicing.
- Supporting the preparation of invoices using the materials collected above.
Key competencies and experience
- A proven completer-finisher with the ability to plan and prioritise a range of tasks and effectively work unsupervised.
- Excellent professional communication skills on telephone/email
- Exceptional organisational skills.
- Competent working knowledge of MS office and experience of or an aptitude to learn new systems.
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to build effective working relationships at all levels across the business.
- A flexible approach to working activities
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work methodically and thoroughly.
Skills and behaviours
- Be a team player able to work with a wide range of stakeholders both inside and outside of the organization.
- Be comfortable working on a variety of tasks in a sometimes fast-paced operational environment.
- Develop sufficient knowledge of the processes within customer service and operational delivery to be able to propose change and improvements.
- Embrace Ricardo’s values of Passion, Innovation, Integrity and Respect and aim to lead others towards high standards of behavior and performance.
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.