Business Resource Efficiency Implementation Advisor (15 month FTC)
- Role type
Fixed Term Contract
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
For over 40 years, our Resource Efficiency and Waste Management Practice have worked in partnership with governments, delivery agencies, industry and international organisations in delivering cost-effective solutions to resource efficiency needs. We have established ourselves at the forefront of the UK market in the fields of resource efficiency, circular economy, supply chain management, life cycle assessment, waste management strategy, due diligence, behaviour change and communications.
Our specialist team includes internationally recognised experts who, by working alongside key stakeholders, partners and clients, provide tailored support, solutions and guidance to address waste management and resource efficiency concerns. Our focus is on helping clients to solve problems and developing their capabilities to continue to solve problems after our commission has ended, we strive to always be the consultant of choice in our sectors. We continue to help our clients achieve substantial savings and balance environmental, social and economic pressures whether it be on-site or in the board room.
Our track record of successful delivery and long-term appointments by major clients speaks for itself in terms of our commitment to quality and consistency in our delivery. Our recent clients include UK Government, Scottish Government, European Commission, WRAP and Zero Waste Scotland.
Ricardo Energy & Environment are seeking a Business Resource Efficiency Implementation Advisor, with an understanding of energy, water and material efficiency to join our Resource Efficiency and Waste Management practice. The candidate will be responsible for supporting the provision of technical support to clients, from initial engagement, facilitating the delivery of technical advice by our resource efficiency specialists, through to provision of final reports and the delivery of implementation support to help overcome barriers. The successful candidate will support businesses and organisations by:
- Working closely with a team of business resource efficiency specialists to support the uptake and delivery of on-site resource efficiency support to businesses.
- Promoting the benefits of resource efficiency to businesses and influencing and supporting them to take action.
- Developing, scoping, overseeing the delivery and following up on projects while managing client relationships throughout.
- Providing technical advice and mentoring on projects. Delivering front-line business advice with a particular focus on overcoming business barriers to implementation of identified measures.
- Quality checking client deliverables, outputs and reports related to energy efficiency.
- Presenting on energy efficiency and other resource efficiency topics at training seminars and events.
- Providing initial telephone support on waste, water, energy and raw materials efficiency.
- Liaising with specialist sub-contractors and building relationships internally and externally.
Key competencies and experience:
- Networking and building strategic partnerships with businesses, business support, public sector and voluntary sector organisations.
- Demonstrable knowledge of energy, waste/material and water efficiency opportunities within small and medium-sized businesses with the confidence to discuss the opportunities available to businesses and the ability to translate this into technical support.
- Ability to scope resource efficiency projects and oversee opportunity assessments.
- Report writing with excellent attention to detail.
- Able to recruit, develop and deliver business improvement projects in the areas of resource efficiency
- Influencing key decision makers to take action.
- Case load management.
- Project delivery, including liaison with specialist sub-contractors.
- Able to interpret complex issues and data, and identify solutions quickly.
- Accurate and appropriate selection, presentation and promotion of information.
Skills and behaviours:
The successful candidate will be proactive and solutions focused with a drive and enthusiasm to help our clients and be supportive to colleagues with the following attributes:
- Excellent influencing and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Team working and able to coordinate and prioritise activities to ensure delivery of agreed targets.
- The ability to work autonomously and proactively.
- Competent with the full MS Office package is essential including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Competent with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems.
- Flexible approach to working activities.
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.