- Role type
- Closing Date
As a Project Manager at Ricardo you will be responsible for successfully leading the delivery of complex engineering projects to a diverse list of global customers across a broad range of industries and sectors. You will work with industry recognised experts to deliver cutting edge solutions to our customers.
As a Project Manager at Ricardo you will be responsible for leading complex multi-disciplinary projects, managing risk and Ricardo’s commercial exposure whilst ensuring that all projects are completed to time, cost and quality requirements.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Leading complex projects, with full responsibility for delivering on-time, on-budget and achieving high levels of customer satisfaction. This will include leading commercial management of projects.
- Being the senior customer interface for the project, establishing strong and effective customer relationships.
- Ensuring projects are delivered in adherence with Ricardo’s internal project management processes and procedures, including Ricardo’s Product Development System.
- Managing and monitoring project scope and leading customer negotiations on changes.
- Preparation and approval of proposal scope of work, timing plans, risk assessments and budgets; ensuring that proposals can be successfully delivered.
- Supporting development of Ricardo’s internal project management capability by supporting and coaching more junior members of the project management team.
Depending on the particular project, the role might involve occasional travel.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have good leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have experience of leading complex development projects following product development / introduction processes.
- Have experience of preparing proposals in response to customer requirements.
- Be commercially astute with a demonstrable track record of successfully negotiating scope changes with customers.
- Have proven stakeholder management skills with demonstrable experience of managing challenging commercial customer relationships.
- Have a professional project management background.
- Be degree qualified, ideally in an engineering or related discipline; specific knowledge of software and, or, electronics would be advantageous.
- Have a natural desire to contribute to continuous improvement within the Project Management function.
NB: All applications must be accompanied by a covering letter detailing how your skill and experience match this role.
Ricardo is an equal opportunities employer.
To register your interest in discussing this opportunity further please get in touch