Project Manager / Senior Project Manager
- Role type
- Derby, London
- Closing Date
Position Title: Project Manager/ Senior Project Manager
Department: Ricardo Rail UK
To support growth and to continue to deliver world class commercially astute solutions to our growing customer portfolio, Ricardo Rail is looking to strengthen its Project Management team. Ricardo’s order book is a result of the successful delivery of some of the most high-profile UK Rail projects in the industry. The role we are seeking to fill is that of a Project Manager to work alongside industry leaders and drive first class standards of Project Management delivery throughout the business. As a Project Manager at Ricardo you will be responsible for the day to day leadership and successfully delivery of Rail Engineering Consultancy, Design, Assurance and Infrastructures projects to a diverse list of global customers across the industry.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Leading complex projects, will full responsibility for delivering on-time, on-budget and achieving high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Manage commercial due diligence of projects.
- Elements of managing project portfolios will be involved, leading multiple projects at any one time.
- Being the primary customer interface for the projects, establishing strong and effective customer relationships.
- Ensuring projects are delivered in adherence with Ricardo’s internal project management processes and procedures.
- Review, approve, manage and monitor project scopes and negotiate with customers on changes
- Supporting development of Ricardo’s internal project management capability by supporting and coaching more junior members of the project management team.
- Drive Project Management best practice, and consider internal flexible methodology towards PM delivery.
- Act as a change management champion to support internal business improvement projects.
- Support technical delivery as required on projects
- The role will involve some travel, depending upon the projects being managed
Qualifications / Experience:
- Chartered Engineer through a relevant engineering institution (IMechE/ IET) or working to achieve.
- Experience of working for a recognised Rail Consultancy.
- Can demonstrable experience of leading multiple complex engineering projects.
- Has the technical ability to support project delivery as and when required.
- Be commercially astute, with a proven track record of successfully negotiating scope changes with customers.
- Has solid stakeholder management skills, with demonstrable experience of managing challenging commercial customer relationships.
- Has a professional project management background, with ideally APM experience (or the equivalent from another professional PM body e.g. PMI).
- Champions a desire to contribute to continuous improvement within the function.
Ricardo is a global strategic, technical and environmental consultancy and specialist niche manufacturer of high performance products. We also provide independent assurance services in the rail sector. With a century of delivering excellence and innovation, we employ over 2,500 professional engineers, consultants and scientists world-wide.
Our activities cover a range of market sectors including passenger car, commercial vehicle, rail, defence, motorsport, motorcycle, off-highway, marine, clean energy and power generation.
Our client list includes the world’s major transportation original equipment manufacturers, supply chain organisations, energy companies, financial institutions and government agencies.
Guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, innovation and passion we enable our customers to achieve sustainable growth and commercial success.
Ricardo Rail is a global multi-disciplinary rail consultancy providing services in expert advice and independent assurance across the UK, Europe, Middle East and Asia where we employ c500 consultants working on rolling stock, infrastructure and independent assurance projects.
Our UK Rail business employs c120 consultants in offices in London, Preston, York, Bristol and Derby.
We provide Consultancy and Certification services across rail infrastructure and rolling stock projects to clients including infrastructure managers, train manufactures, equipment manufacturers and maintainers.
Our shared goal is to be the natural choice provider of expert advice and independent assurance services to the global rail industry. Care, integrity and excellence will always drive our long-term relationships with clients and colleagues.