Waste Management Consultants (Senior Consultant, Principal Consultant, Technical Director)
- Role type
Do you want to work for a leading international environmental sustainability consultancy in a growing specialist team?
Do you want to join a newly established and growing Australian waste management team?
Ricardo established a registered entity in Australia in early 2018 and has now established a Brisbane office, but with expectations of opening offices in other Australian state locations in the future. Ricardo has made some successful advancements in our business development capabilities and in executing its detailed medium to long term strategy to expand our consultancy support services in Australia across many practice technical areas.
Following this intial successful exploration phase over the past year and due to an increasing visible pipeline, Ricardo is looking to recruit a team of highly capable, technical waste management consultants, based in Australia, across a variety of consultancy grades within different business areas to support with the delivery of a rapidly increasing pipeline of work. The team would build on our market leading reputation offering in Europe and our increased Australia market presence.
Ricardo Energy & Environment has vacancies for excellent candidates to join our newly established Australian waste management team in one of our three business areas;
- Waste Operations
- Due Diligence
- Circular Economy
Reporting through our Australian Resource Efficiency & Waste Management Practice, within our Infrastructure & Utilities Division, our team has supported a range of opportunities across several technical areas. This has included supporting infrastructure development projects, developing waste and circular economy policies, strategies and business models, technical advisory waste procurement support, data management and business case developments for a diverse client base across the public and private sector in Australia.
Ricardo Energy & Environment operates globally, and opportunities would be available to support our growing pipeline in Australia, and other parts of the globe. We have exciting opportunities for experienced candidates at a Senior Consultant, Principal Consultant and Technical Director level:
We welcome applications from candidates that are currently based and can work in Australia. Candidates can work flexibly, including home-based, and will have the opportunity to travel throughout Australia and internationally as required to meet business needs. Candidates will have working knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Strategy and Policy Development
- Circular Economy Studies
- Sustainable Procurement
- Waste Technologies Feasibility, Assessment and Due Diligence
- Waste Modelling
- Options Appraisal / Business Case Development
- Contract Procurement / Bid Support
- Lenders Technical Advisory Role
- Market Due Diligence / Research
- Contract Advice and Negotiations
- Expert Witness
- M&A (Commercial Due Diligence)
- Owners engineer
- Project Monitoring
- Contract Mobilisation
You will join our team of recognised industry experts in the UK and overseas with a range of backgrounds, providing tailored support to clients in technical, market, commercial, strategic and regulatory advice.
We recognise that all applicants are unique, and we operate in a fast-moving commercial environment, therefore we will seek to understand your skills, experience and career objectives in order to define a role around you that fits within our overall requirements and services. You will form part of a newly established team with a level of autonomy but have the support and integration of a market leading existing UK team. We are interested in ambitious, highly motivated, energetic applicants with the drive to grow and develop themselves and our wider team.
The role will involve delivering support on waste management and resource efficiency projects for both public and private sector clients in Australia. The individuals will be expected to lead and manage their own projects, manage multi-disciplinary teams and deliver all aspects of consultancy. The individual must be able to demonstrate project management and technical expertise within their relevant discipline, but will also be responsible for writing bids and developing business opportunities.
You will lead technically on waste management and resource efficiency projects and provide clear project management to clients and other team members, both internally and externally. You will lead, project manage and co-ordinate a wide range of studies, manage the technical work of more junior staff and sub-consultants as well as develop follow-on work and new opportunities as they arise.
Key competencies and experience:
- Working knowledge of waste management and resource efficiency in either the public / and or private sector
- Qualified to a bachelor’s degree level in a relevant discipline
- Effective project management skills
- Proven client management skills
- Ability to write clear, concise and accurate technical reports
- Experience in the preparation of proposals and tenders
- Able to write clear, concise and accurate technical reports and manage data confidently;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail and desire to deliver influential consultancy support to the highest standards with new and current clients
- Proven track record in environmental consultancy;
- Qualified to master’s level or higher in a relevant discipline
- Experience in public speaking at conferences and events
- Good client networks and willingness to travel within Australia
Skills and behaviours:
- Commercially minded technical consultant;
- Receptive to new and varied challenges, and able to rise to them and to learn;
- Able to work independently and as part of a project team, irrespective of position or role on the task;
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated;
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy and quality in all work;
- Excellent report writing and bid-writing skills
- Good time management; and
- Able to meet (multiple) deadlines and manage and deliver competing priorities
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark and form part of a new established team. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.