Waste Infrastructure Delivery Consultant Engineer (Senior and Principal)
- Role type
- Oxfordshire (Harwell), Australia, Bristol, London, Manchester
Do you want to work for a leading international environmental sustainability consultancy in a growing specialist team?
Ricardo Energy & Environment has vacancies for excellent candidates to join our Waste Infrastructure Engineering, Due Diligence & Expert Witness Services Team. Reporting through our Resource Efficiency & Waste Management Practice, within our Infrastructure & Utilities Division, our team supports investors, developers (including procuring authorities) and operators of waste management and waste to energy infrastructure, including through legal advisors and other transaction intermediaries, at all stages of the project lifecycle.
Based in the UK, Ricardo Energy & Environment operates globally. Our Waste Infrastructure Engineering, Due Diligence & Expert Witness Services Team is growing quickly, in the UK and overseas. We have the following exciting opportunities in the UK and Australia for experienced candidates at Senior and Principal level:
- Project and process engineers with a proven track record in infrastructure delivery, preferably gained in delivering waste to energy infrastructure projects as an Owner’s Engineer or in the EPC environment.
- Waste treatment and waste to energy technical specialists with a proven track record in technical consulting and due diligence and an appetite and aptitude to develop as an Owner’s Engineer.
We welcome applications from candidates that would be based in the UK or Australia:
- Candidates for UK positions will support our growing UK business and have opportunities to work in Australia, Asia and the Middle East to meet business needs. Candidates can work flexibly, including home-based, but are expected to work regularly from one of our offices in Harwell (Oxfordshire), London, Bristol or Manchester.
- Candidates for Australia positions will support our growing Australia business, which is based in Brisbane. Candidates can work flexibly, including home-based, and will have the opportunity to travel throughout Australia and internationally to meet business needs. You may currently be based outside Australia.
We welcome applications from candidates seeking full and part time hours.
You will join our team of recognised industry experts with a range of backgrounds, providing tailored support to clients in technical, market, commercial and regulatory advice and due diligence, expert opinion, operational and compliance support, site-based infrastructure delivery services, and a broad range of technical and regulatory consultancy services covering the full range of waste treatment and recovery technologies. Currently, we primarily provide advice to UK projects but are successfully growing our client base internationally, in Europe, Australia, the Middle East, and South East Asia.
- supporting infrastructure delivery as an Owner’s Engineer, throughout the feasibility, procurement, construction and commissioning of waste infrastructure;
- contributing to and leading technical assessments across a wide range of waste and resource management activities, including technical and commercial due diligence assessments;
- acting as, or to having the potential to be mentored in order to act as, a named expert witness in relation to disputes and insurance claims involving the performance of waste treatment facilities;
- inputting to marketing, sales, and opportunity qualification; and
- contributing to winning new business, including with new clients, in the UK and internationally, including taking a key role in or leading the preparation of proposals
Key competencies and experience:
- qualified engineer with broad technical capabilities;
- qualified to masters level in a relevant discipline and/or chartered engineer;
- previous involvement and experience in site-based engineering projects, preferably in the waste treatment and waste to energy sector;
- experienced project manager with evidence-based application of project management principles;
- good commercial acumen with experience of different forms of contract;
- able to critically analyse construction and technical engineering matters to bring them to conclusion;
- experienced in delivering due diligence assessments for developers, funders or intermediaries;
- able to write clear, concise and accurate technical reports and manage data confidently;
- excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail and desire to deliver influential consultancy support to the highest standards with new and current clients; and
- experience in identifying and developing waste and waste to energy sector opportunities and client relationships.
- proven track record in environmental consultancy;
- demonstrable experience and knowledge of the UK and/or Australian and/or Middle East waste market and international waste regulations;
- wider knowledge and experience in electrical, controls and instrumentation an advantage;
- experienced in contributing to or leading technical and/or market/commercial due diligence assessments for developers, funders and intermediaries;
- experienced as an expert witness, or to have the potential and commitment to be mentored in order to act as a named expert witness;
- ability to mentor and support the development of junior engineers;
- (UK roles) interest/experience in international waste consultancy and opportunities to apply UK experience to support international clients, including a willingness to travel and work overseas for short-medium term periods to meet business requirements
Skills and behaviours:
- commercially minded technical consultant;
- receptive to new and varied challenges, and able to rise to them and to learn;
- able to work independently and as part of a project team, irrespective of position or role on the task;
- excellent attention to detail and accuracy and quality in all work;
- good time management; and
- able to meet (multiple) deadlines and manage and deliver competing priorities
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.