Junior/ Mid- Level Drupal Developer
- Role type
- Bristol, London, Manchester, Oxfordshire (Harwell)
- Closing Date
Come and join our well established Digital Services team within Ricardo Energy & Environment as a Drupal/PHP Web Developer. You’ll be building custom websites and web-based software applications for our commercial and Government clients nationally and internationally, whilst also contributing to our own internal projects, working closely with designers and peers in the team.
We’ve been building and maintaining systems of all kinds across a variety of environmental sectors, meaning every project that you work on will provide its own unique challenges and give you the opportunity to make a genuine difference to society, usually through providing insight to environmental data that helps to inform decision making and intervention strategies.
We maintain a friendly and relaxed office environment and provide you with all the tools you’ll need to plan, develop, test and deploy products of the highest quality. We are innovators who are always looking to improve and grow our Digital Products so as well as the core responsibilities you'll be given the flexibility to be as creative as possible, with time for learning and development.
The Development team has steady growth plans and you will join a friendly and multinational team with a focus on bespoke solutions and products. Work may include the migration from Drupal 7 to 8 so any commercial experience with one or both technologies will be highly beneficial.
Ideally you will possess an academic, vocational or professional qualification in a programming, computer science or related field, however this is by no means essential as we value hands-on experience and a passion for the subject. You will be expected to demonstrate examples of code, website or web application projects that you have produced or contributed to.
Top candidates for this role would be competent Drupal 8 Developers who desire a collaborative and flexible environment in a small agile team, and have a high focus on producing high-quality, attractive and robust products.
Architecting your own builds or as part of a team, assisted by our senior developers through the implementation of development, custom module development and theme development.
The type of project you could find yourself working on will vary from building a data driven website that provides insight to the public and Government decision makers to training management solutions, helping our clients improve public awareness and understanding of a variety of environmental matters.
You will also have the opportunity to expand your capability working on non-Drupal related projects, learning and developing your skill set in the process.
As a Drupal Software Engineer you will need:
- Commercial experience in Drupal
- Extensive hands-on web application development
- Good understanding of MVC, Data, ORM and APIs.
- You’ll have a passion for building beautiful and scalable web solutions.
The essential skills we're looking for:
- Excellent knowledge of PHP, MySQL, HTML, CSS and jQuery
- Strong experience with the Drupal CMS
- Proven professional Drupal experience
- Experience working with third-party APIs
- Passionate about all things web
- Pair programming experience, willing to work collaboratively to both give and receive feedback
- Strong working knowledge of Git
- Ability to translate technical requirements into quality programmed solutions
- Focus on self-improvement and the ability to communicate new ideas and technologies
- Willingness to travel
The desirable technical skills we're looking for:
- Experience in working with a PHP framework such as Zend, Laravel or Symfony
- Passion for design, user experience and product development (is a plus)
- React.js, ES6, WordPress, Node.js,
- BSc University Degree
The type of person we’re looking for:
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- A real team player
- Ability to build strong relationships with both colleagues & clients
- Ability to handle a varied workload and maintain quality output
- Strong analytical, problem solving and debugging skills
- Flexible start and finish times
- Opportunity to be part of a growing, multi-skilled team
- Input on in-house products/services
- Relaxed working environment
- A wide range of salary sacrifice company benefits, including car, healthcare, restaurants, childcare and more.
- Holidays: 25 days per year plus public holidays, up to 5 additional days can be purchased.
- We’re a growing team that enjoy the benefits of traveling and working remotely whilst still having an office in London, Manchester, Bristol and Harwell (Head Office).
You will have the choice of working from our offices in London, Manchester, Bristol or Oxfordshire.
- Hours: We work 37 hours per week as core
- We are an equal opportunitites employer
- Position: Permanent, Full-time
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.