Facilities Management Assistant (Apprenticeship)
- Role type
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
You will be responsible for assisting the Facilities Manager to manage the services and processes that support the core business of the organization, as well as ensuring that the buildings, plant, vehicles, machinery and equipment are properly maintained as per regulations and good practice. You work will mainly be in relation to the Gemini Building in Harwell and Ludbridge Mill sites in nearby East Hendred.
This is a level 2 apprenticeship role (on a 15 months fixed term contract) resulting in an Intermediate Apprenticeship in Facilities Services Level 2, plus level 2 functional skills in English and Maths (if not already achieved). The salary for this position is £11,000.
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the work of the Facilities Manager.
- Carrying out building inspections to identify any areas that need repairing or maintenance, including outside space.
- Carrying out repairs where appropriate or arranging contracted services and making recommendations for improvements as appropriate.
- Dealing with suppliers and raising purchase orders for consumables etc.
- Assisting with the security and general administrative services of the building.
- Organising courier collections and deliveries for multiple sites.
- Allocating and managing space within buildings.
- Providing input on energy efficiency issues.
- Supporting the coordination of internal workshops and other events eg. room set up.
- Cleaning and maintain internal surfaces and areas, including filling and emptying dishwashers.
- Dealing with routine and non-routine waste.
Key competencies and experience:
- Familiarity with MS Office and systems management software (e.g. online courier portal)
- Able to carry out inspection and maintenance tasks, sometimes involving moving heavy or bulky loads.
- Able to competently carry out a range of building maintenance activities and minor ‘odd jobs’
- Previous experience of Facilities Management operations and understanding of compliance issues and statutory regulations would be useful but is not required for this role.
Skills and behaviours:
- Be able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Be self-motivated.
- Have the ability to multi-task and prioritise workload.
- Be safety conscious.
- Be accurate & show attention to detail.
- Be able to converse with client, customers, staff and suppliers at all levels.
- Be confident, with a determination to succeed.
- Have a full clean driving licence.
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.