Signaling Consultant (6 month contract)
- Role type
- Direct, Fixed Term Contract, Full time
- Closing Date
Ricardo Rail is seeking people who have signaling system development experience with a focus on the safety criticality of the system. As a technical specialist you work on providing professional safety assurance to a variety of customers in railway signaling industry across Asia.
The role is to be filled by experienced specialists who are technically capable and also project manages.
As a project manager for relevant projects within your area of expertise you will be required to manage the delivery of your own work to the client within the defined timescale, cost and quality. This will be an initial 6 month contract onsite with our client in Japan with a possibility to be extended further.
- To apply industry knowledge and professional judgment in collating, analysing and synthesising appropriate data in line with industry standards and company procedures
- To produce high quality, technically accurate reports and other documents in support of client projects within timescales and budgetary requirements.
- To plan and implement project and programme activities, ensuring that they are undertaken within agreed resource parameters and delivered on time
- To provide supervision, guidance and coaching to less experienced colleagues and ensure that project activities are undertaken in line with company procedures and authority level
- To develop new tools/techniques to meet the needs of clients, identifying best practices from other markets or countries as required, and teach new skills to others as appropriate.
- To provide support as required in business development activities, including contributing to proposals, and advise the appropriate manager of potential business opportunities identified.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Be degree educated in a suitable discipline with 8-10 years relevant experience in signalling safety, particularly CBTC/ATO
- Experience in signalling equipment development that have had a focus on the safety criticality of the system.
- Has good subject knowledge and awareness and capable in specific areas of a certain topic. Possess significant practical design/application experience and able to work independently on projects with little or even without a guidance.
- Candidate should possess at least one of following topics/subsystems/equipment: