Project Accountant UK & EMEA
- Role type
- Closing Date
Role: Finance Business Partner UK & EMEA / Project Accountant UK & EMEA
Based at Ricardo Rail Derby office in the UK, you will be the Finance Business Partner with a focus on Spain, Denmark and the Middle East. The role has a strong business partnering focus, and will require tenacity and excellent interpersonal skills to manage and develop collaborative relationships with key stakeholders. The role reports to the Finance Manager UK & EMEA, and requires the ability to interact, influence, engage assertively with colleagues who will based in Europe and the Middle East. Strong financial acumen and the ability to understand a project business are key to the role.
- Develop the relationships with the regional Business Managers and key contacts in each Business Unit, as a Business Partner, providing first line finance support, insight and direction to the Certification Director and Finance Manager.
- Play a lead role in the delivery of the P&L and Working Capital objectives for the Business, with a strong involvement in the management accounting process. In particular interaction with the Project Manager community, understanding and reviewing project performance and forecast costs to complete. To include variance analysis for key P&L Accounts, Overheads and Working Capital metrics, focussing on commercial validity and integrity of financial information.
- Provide insight, support and constructive challenge to Project Financial Performance Reviews.
- Develop and maintain a collaborative relationship with the Shared Service Finance Team in Shoreham and achieving month end deadlines.
- Provide financial analysis and insight in the monthly performance reviews, budgeting and forecasting processes, working with operational management to consolidate, analyse and understand the results prior to submission and presentation.
- Provide high quality, accurate and timely support and analysis on finance related matters; deal with queries and review procedures.
- Provide evaluation and analytical expertise supporting the preparation and review of tenders and bids for new business.
- Ad hoc management reporting and analysis in such areas as margins, profitability and cash flow.
- Supporting Business Managers in the commercial modelling for large proposals.
- Supporting Business Managers monthly reporting requirements by directly inputting monthly and YTD analysis into standard report templates.
- Able to visit the non-UK sites from time to time for short periods.
In order to be successful, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Proven experience of project accounting, including an understanding of revenue recognition and accounting for long term contracts.
- Proven experience of business partnering and providing financial analysis.
- Confidence in communicating and influencing with staff at all levels and across several different countries and cultures.
- Calm working under pressure and good organisational skills to meet deadlines & deliverables.
- Self-starter mentality.
- Enjoy the challenge of working in a changing and evolving environment.
- A robust character with agility, strong drive & motivation to succeed.
- Ability to travel, on an ad hoc basis.
- Experience of operating in a PLC environment.
- SAP experience (project & financial accounting, purchasing).
- A professional accountancy qualification –ACA/ACCA/CIMA.
- Experience of consulting and professional service organisations.
- Experience of working in multi-currency environment.
- Knowledge of Changepoint Project Management system and MS Dynamics CRM.