Senior and Principal Consultants–CHP/District Heating
- Role type
- London, Oxfordshire (Harwell)
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and waste expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
Ricardo Energy & Environment has vacancies for excellent consultants to join our CHP and Heat business area within the Energy practice. The role will provide support to meet a growing demand for services relating to the decarbonisation of heat from Government and Industry in the UK and internationally. The key focus for the role will be in the following areas: assessing and developing policy and guidance related to the uptake of CHP, low carbon heat options and district heating; developing and managing grant funding and auditing programmes to assess CHP, heat supply technologies and District Heating in terms of their technical and economic performance; and feasibility, engineering design and technical and financial due diligence of CHP and district heating schemes.
- Strong engineering skills
- Detailed understanding of Energy Supply and Demand sides
- Proven experience in energy and climate change policy assessment
- Proven experience in technical and economic auditing
- Effective project and programme management skills
- Experienced in the preparation of complex proposals and, ideally an effective networker and business developer
- Excellent organisational abilities
- Good problem solving
- The ability to work to commercial imperatives
- Experience in leading technical teams
- A Chartered (or progressing to Chartership) mechanical, process or chemical engineer
- Understanding of government policies related to CHP, heat markets and associated district heating and cooling networks
- Experience in managing large projects and programmes will be advantages
- Experience in conducting CHP/District Heating feasibility studies
- Experience in working in Consultancy, engineering or an evaluation team at a utilities company
- Have knowledge of the market and regulatory framework for CHP and District heating/Cooling in the UK and Europe
- In addition, you will demonstrate good attention to detail, technical report writing ability and be able to assimilate information quickly
- Extensive experience in client management and proposal writing
The successful candidate will need to hold a Full UK Driving licence for this position.
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark; you will have support from the wider business for your own career development into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive remuneration and benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.