Emergency Response Operations Manager
- Role type
- Closing Date
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
The Operations Manager role is a senior Project Manager role crossing the whole of the Emergency Response business area. Its aim is to achieve excellence in operational delivery, ensuring efficiency and robust processes are in place to support core elements of the business area performance.
- Create and develop an operations management plan including continuous improvement elements for a 365/24/7 helpline-based operations centre.
- Ensure availability of suitable systems to support resilient operations, e.g.: equipment, IT facilities, networks and databases;
- Ensure adequate maintenance and development of operational systems in line with user and market needs;
- Ensure there is a suitable high-level plan for selecting, management of subcontractors including appropriate quality and cost controls;
- Ensure suitable levels of contingency planning to manage planned and unplanned outages, together with the relevant written materials, training and exercising components;
- Act as the go-to-person for queries relating to NCEC’s new (due for launch in 2019) database supporting delivery of its emergency response services, including identification of user needs, routine maintenance and development, functionality improvement, development of reporting capability;
- Conduct follow-up investigation of calls received on NCEC’s emergency line, particularly where instigated by client query or complaint;
- Work with the ER team manager to identify processes for emergency call handling and ensure systems capability reflects these needs;
- Manage the work of the Operations Consultant including personal elements e.g.: development, pastoral care, performance reviews, etc.;
- Conduct basic financial reporting from the cost-management database under the guidance of the Head of Operations.
Key competencies and experience:
- Experience of working in an operations manager or operations supervisor role
- Appreciation of a call centre / helpline / IT service environment, based on experience in similar roles, especially where gained in an advisory or emergency response context
- Some knowledge of, and experience of managing, IT or telephony networks/databases
- Good level of IT literacy
- Good level of numeracy (e.g.: Mathematics A-Level Grade A-C)
Skills and behaviours:
- Good team orientation and strong team working
- Methodical approach with good problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a sometimes fast-paced environment on a variety of tasks including reaction to occasional urgent client requests
- People management or supervisory skills (would have one direct report immediately or over time, depending on background, strengths and interests)
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.