HR Advisor - 12 month FTC
- Role type
Fixed Term Contract
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
The HR Advisor provides advice and support across the UK business in all aspects of employee engagement and employee relations issues, reporting to one of our HR Managers.
You will develop effective working relationships with the HR Team and the wider business, working together to ensure best practice is developed and applied, employment risks are mitigated and that “fit for purpose” HR solutions are delivered.
The advice and support will cover a wide range of HR/ER areas and you will play a key role in the following activities:
- Providing advice and guidance to employees on policy and procedure
- Performance management
- Disciplinaries, Grievances, Redundancy Exercises as required
- Salary reviews
- Contract changes
- Line management/mentoring of junior HR colleagues
- Proactive support to HR Managers
- Liaising with Occupational Health on specific cases
- Data management and analysis
- Managing maternity/paternity/flexible working requests
- Delivering training in support of the HR Managers
- Providing input into HR strategic goals
- Contributing to the creation and implementation of new policies and processes
- Working with the Employee Forum,
- Ensuring employees have the right to work in the UK complying with UK Visas and Immigration legislation
- Leadership of/involvement in HR projects as required
- Monthly Payroll checking
Key Competencies and Experience
- A generalist HR background
- Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification.
- Good knowledge of UK employment legislation coupled with the ability to deliver pragmatic HR solutions to meet the business agenda
- CIPD qualified (Level 5 or above)
- Level 1 User for the UKVI Sponsorship Management System to apply for Certificates of Sponsorship, renew employee visas, manage migrant worker records etc
- Previous background in working with Employee Forums/Trade Unions
- Understanding of a consultancy environment
Skills and behaviours:
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively within a team
- Good attention to detail and the ability to identify and deliver operational improvements.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability within the context of the needs of the business
- Be highly assertive, results driven, committed, proactive and have a “can do” approach to all aspects of working
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, within the HR Team and wider business
- Advanced Microsoft office skills
- Adaptable and accepting of the need to work flexibly in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Resilient working with challenging scenarios i.e. redundancy programmes
- Flexibility to travel occasionally to other sites
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.