System Network Administrator
- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
- Closing Date
Ricardo is a global engineering, strategic and environmental consultancy, founded in 1915 our vision is to maximise efficiency and eliminate waste.
With a century of experience delivering excellence and innovation, Ricardo now employs over 2700 engineers, scientists and consultants around the world and it is the passion and expertise of this community, which drives us forward and maintains our position of technical leadership.
As a business, we value respect, integrity, innovation and passion and guided by these values we enable our customers to achieve sustainable growth and commercial success.
- Working as part of a multi-national IT department you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Local & group network support
- WAN administration - Firewalls, routers, WAN accelerators, SSL gateways (remote access)
- LAN administration - Switches, Patching, ISDN
- Documentation including following global Change Control process
- Work as part of extended Global Network Team with occasional visits to UK.
- Main network point of contact for the Prague / Germany sites thus responsibility for managing some supplier relationship e.g. ISP’s, Equipment Suppliers
The ideal candidate will have most of the following
- General networking concepts like VLANs, Routing, DNS, IP Addressing, Spanning Tree, Topology design
- Configuring and maintaining LAN equipment e.g. 3Com/HP
- Wi-Fi planning / management including config. of HP & Aruba AP’s
- Fortigate Firewall management & configuration
- Management Software e.g. HP IMC, Wireshark, AirWatch, Riverbed SteelCentral, FortiManager, FortiAnalyser
- Proficient in use of MS Office for documentation e.g. Excel, OneNote, Visio
- Excellent written and verbal English
- An interesting and varied role within an expanding international company, work with latest technologies
- Graduate rotation programme
- Informal company culture and flexible working hours
- Secured bike storage for active cyclists and a nearby cycle track
- Modern offices close to city centre (tram, metro B) with variety of restaurants and services in the area
- Possibility to travel both to other Ricardo locations and client´s sites
- Motivating employee benefit package (annual travel transport ticket reimbursement, contribution to life and pension insurance, sport activities, English lessons within working hours, employee interest free loan etc.)
Ricardo is an equal opportunities employer.