- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
- Closing Date
Ricardo is a global engineering, strategic and environmental consultancy, founded in 1915 our vision is to maximise efficiency and eliminate waste.
With a century of experience delivering excellence and innovation, Ricardo now employs over 2700 engineers, scientists and consultants around the world and it is the passion and expertise of this community, which drives us forward and maintains our position of technical leadership.
As a business, we value respect, integrity, innovation and passion and guided by these values we enable our customers to achieve sustainable growth and commercial success.
We are looking for a candidate who will be responsible for carrying out hands-on validation and verification testing activities in a Microsoft Windows environment.
Ricardo has close associations with HORIBA Test Automation in the UK who operate part of a globally distributed software development team within the Ricardo Prague offices. As a member of this team you will participate in the development of class leading data acquisition, automation and data management software platforms and applications. Our solutions incorporate a diverse and stimulating range of software technologies mainly based on the Microsoft Windows platform. The role will involve working with a small, geographically-distributed, testing team to generate test specifications and undertake testing for multiple product development streams. Testing is carried out using a variety of facilities, including desktop machines, a VMWare Virtual Infrastructure and live test stands.
HORIBA Test Automation Ltd. is an ISO9001:2008 and TickIT approved company and is committed to fostering a culture of continuous improvement in all aspects of its operations. This role will be expected to make a contribution to optimising the effectiveness of our testing activities in particular and the quality of our operations in general.
- Preparation of software test specifications
- Estimation of time and resources for software test specification execution
- Manual and automatic validation and verification testing of real-time and application code
- Investigation of problem reports received and identification of faults
- Work with the development team to improve product testability
- Defect reporting
- Liaison with other HORIBA sites around the world
- Based in Prague with occasional business trips within Europe and to North America.
The ideal candidate will
- ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Level is desirable
- Have strong QA and software testing industry knowledge
- Have several years software testing experience
- Have competence in working with Microsoft Windows operating systems (XP and Windows 7) and Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel
- Have the ability to deliver to agreed deadlines
- Be knowlegeable of use of configuration management, change management and defect tracking tools
- Have some knowledge of automotive engineering or a degree or equivalent qualification in a related subject (engineering would be an advantage)
- Have experience of using automated software testing tools would be an advantage
- Self-motivated, positive team player with a ‘can-do’ approach to life
- Team player – enjoy and thrive on working in a team
- A ‘finisher’, with commitment to see tasks through to completion
- Self-disciplined, able to work with within a structured development process
- Innovative and open minded, interested in helping to determine the future direction of our developments
- Good English skills, both written and verbal
- An interesting and varied role within an expanding international company, work with latest technologies and career progression
- Informal company culture and flexible working hours
- Secured bike storage for active cyclists and a nearby cycle track
- Modern offices close to city centre (tram, metro B) with variety of restaurants and services in the area
- Possibility to travel to other Ricardo locations and client´s sites
- English lessons with native speakers within working hours twice a week
- Company and team building events
- Motivating employee benefit package (25 days of holiday, flexi and sick days, annual travel transport ticket reimbursement, contribution to life and pension insurance, sport activities, employee interest free loan etc.)
If you consider yourself as a suitable candidate please send your CV in Czech and English with the stated job title to Recruiting_CZ@ricardo.com.