Software Engineer for Modelling of Mechanical Systems
- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
- Closing Date
Ricardo is a global engineering, strategic and environmental consultancy, founded in 1915 our vision is to maximise efficiency and eliminate waste. With a century of experience delivering excellence and innovation, Ricardo now employs over 2700 engineers, scientists and consultants around the world and it is the passion and expertise of this community, which drives us forward and maintains our position of technical leadership.
As a business, we value respect, integrity, innovation and passion and guided by these values we enable our customers to achieve sustainable growth and commercial success.
A vacancy has arisen for a software developer based at our Prague Technical Centre to join the team that develops our Mechanical Suite solvers (ENGDYN, PISDYN, RINGPAK, VALDYN). The successful applicant will become a member of the development team and be responsible for the design and implementation of various SOLVER features. As such the candidate will have strong programming skills on Unix and Windows systems.
- Creating requirements and design specifications for software enhancements.
- Delivery of software projects to specification and on time to ISO 9000 quality standards with appropriate quality documentation and reviews.
- Maintaining and enhancing existing software
- Liaising with other department members as necessary to obtain detailed requirements from them.
The ideal candidate will have most of the following
- Applicants should be at least degree-qualified in Physics, Math or Mechanical Engineering.
- The interests and skills of the applicants should include development of numerical routines.
- 2+ years of experience in software development using FORTRAN for UNIX or Windows based systems.
- Ability to work independently as well as with others in a geographically diverse team environment.
Additional skills that would be advantageous include
- Familiarity with Mechanical Dynamics and FE analysis and solvers and using these in an engineering application environment
- An interest in engines/mechanical engineering
- Knowledge of development practices
- An interesting and varied role within an expanding international company, work with latest technologies
- Graduate rotation programme
- Informal company culture and flexible working hours
- Secured bike storage for active cyclists and a nearby cycle track
- Modern offices close to city centre (tram, metro B) with variety of restaurants and services in the area
- Possibility to travel both to other Ricardo locations and client´s sites
- Motivating employee benefit package (annual travel transport ticket reimbursement, contribution to life and pension insurance, sport activities, English lessons within working hours, employee interest free loan etc.)
Ricardo is an equal opportunities employer.