- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
- Closing Date
Ricardo is a global engineering, strategic and environmental consultancy, founded in 1915 our vision is to maximise efficiency and eliminate waste.
With a century of experience delivering excellence and innovation, Ricardo now employs over 2900 engineers, scientists and consultants around the world and it is the passion and expertise of this community, which drives us forward and maintains our position of technical leadership.
As a business, we value respect, integrity, innovation and passion and guided by these values we enable our customers to achieve sustainable growth and commercial success.
We are looking for a new colleague, a Calibration Engineer to join our Engine Calibration and Control Department in Prague.
The range of responsibilities may include leading the following types of programme:
- Development of base engine calibration in engine test cell
- Vehicle calibration for emissions, drivability and OBD
- Engine after treatment development & calibration
- Some business travel can be expected including customer meetings, occasional on-site development support and climatic testing trips
- Liaise with customers on a regular basis and present the technical status of their projects
The ideal candidate will have most of the following
An Engineering Degree
- Experience in engine development within an OEM, Tier 1 supplier or Consultancy knowledge in the followings areas: base engine calibration, engine emissions control, engine in vehicle calibration (emissions, torque structure & drivability), OBD
- Excellent communication skills in English (the role is significantly customer facing)
Additional skills that would be advantageous include
- Experience in base engine performance and emissions hardware development
- A good working knowledge of application tools and EMS strategies
- An interesting and varied role within an expanding international company, work with latest technologies
- Informal company culture and flexible working hours
- Secured bike storage for active cyclists and a nearby cycle track
- Modern offices close to city centre (tram, metro B) with variety of restaurants and services in the area
- Possibility to travel both to other Ricardo locations and client´s sites
- Motivating employee benefit package (annual travel transport ticket reimbursement, contribution to life and pension insurance, sport activities, English lessons within working hours, employee interest free loan etc.)
Ricardo is an equal opportunities employer.