Senior Systems Safety Engineer
- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
- Closing Date
Due to the expansion of business within the Ricardo Systems group we are actively searching for a systems safety engineer to work on Automotive Control and Electronic projects.
Working as part of a multinational and multi-disciplined team you will be involved in a range of projects, primarily for the passenger car and truck markets. You will need to work effectively with other engineering disciplines to develop system level safety solutions and you should be comfortable in a client facing role.
- Develop safety plans following ISO26262
- Using a risk based approach to analyse the function safety of automotive systems
- Provide functional and technical safety concepts, in conjunction with other technical disciplines
- Provide advice and assistance in implementation and validation of safety concepts
- Generate the safety case documentation for the final systems
The ideal candidate will have most of the following:
- Degree in Engineering or similar technical subject
- Sound theoretical & practical knowledge of functional safety engineering fundamentals
- Knowledge of ISO 26262 or similar functional safety standard
- Practical experience in FMEA, FTA, FHA, HAZOP, RBD, HARA etc.
- Constructing safety arguments for complex embedded systems
Additional skills that would be advantageous include:
- Knowledge of the functions of various automotive systems (engines, transmissions, hybrids, vehicle control).
- An interesting and varied role within an expanding international company, work with latest technologies
- Informal company culture and flexible working hours
- Secured bike storage for active cyclists and a nearby cycle track
- Modern offices close to city centre (tram, metro B) with variety of restaurants and services in the area
- Possibility to travel both to other Ricardo locations and client´s sites
- Motivating employee benefit package (annual travel transport ticket reimbursement, contribution to life and pension insurance, sport activities, English lessons within working hours, employee interest free loan etc.)
Ricardo is an equal opportunities employer.