Job Summary: Project Administrator - initial 12 month FTC
To work within the Ricardo Rail UK Independent Assurance delivery team to deliver and manage projects including document control. There will be a need to work autonomously, and to interface with the client, other members of the team and the management team.
To provide support to the Business Manager, Team Leader and Project Managers, within the Ricardo Rail UK Independent Assurance delivery team for resourcing and delivery of projects.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Maintain, input and manage data entered on external databases to ensure accurate and timely entries are submitted in line with regulatory requirements for specific management systems global sector schemes, with first line responsibility for dealing with anomalies and potential process failures
- Liaise with other departments and managers to deal with and, where appropriate, initially dealing with complex queries, escalating in line with process, to proactively resolve service issues within agreed deadlines/targets
- Carry out activities to ensure alignment with internal procedures, contractual requirements, cost structures and budget constraints
- Manage and maintain central data entry and data exchange with internal and external parties to support management systems’ core business processes and to meet its global requirements
- Provide a first level of response to all enquires and complaints, forwarding to other subject experts where applicable, to ensure a high level of customer service
- Identify, suggest and assist managers with implementing change and developments to the administration processes and procedures to meet future business demands and improve current efficiency
- Build and maintain good client relationships through proactive communication and actions to fulfil client and business expectations
- Ensure all new clients are identified and the client approval process and credit checking is fulfilled via the contracts co-ordinator.
- Identify the correct authorisation and approvals route for each enquiry/proposal (depending on project profile and authority levels) and implement that by arranging with reviewers and providing the required information in a timely manner.
- Convert winning bids into live projects and input into Ricardo Rail management systems accordingly and setting up milestones and activities as required.
- Managing Team resource planning for work in conjunction with the Independent Assurance Team Leaders
- To undertake the role of Bid Co-ordinator, as required
- To undertake the role of Project Manager, as required
- To undertake roles within a project, as and when required
- To provide admin support on all projects including document control, update of project forecast and invoicing
Qualifications / Experience:
- Experience of working in a business/ client services environment
- Flexible and results-oriented approach to meet varying and competing client and business demands
- Able to work on multiple tasks and to tight deadlines
- A proactive approach to problem solving with the diplomacy to negotiate and influence internal and external clients
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Polite and approachable manner
- Able to use office and documentation systems such as MS Office. Includes production of proposals, presentations and graphs.
- Able to travel throughout the UK (and possibly internationally) in support of projects and business development
- Prepared to undergo random drugs and alcohol testing and/or medical screening as required.
- Be able to learn and proficiently operate Ricardo Rail’s project management and CRM software tools.
Ricardo Rail is a global multi-disciplinary rail consultancy providing services in expert advice and independent assurance across the UK, Europe, Middle East and Asia where we employ c500 consultants working on rolling stock, infrastructure and independent assurance projects.
Our UK Rail business employs c120 consultants in offices in London, Preston, York, Bristol and Derby, which is our head office.
We provide consultancy and independent assurance services, including NoBo, DeBo, AsBo and ISA, across infrastructure and rolling stock to our clients including infrastructure managers, train manufactures, equipment manufacturers and maintainers.
Our shared goal is to be the natural choice provider of expert advice and independent assurance services to the global rail industry. Care, integrity and excellence will always drive our long-term relationships with clients and colleagues.