Maintenance - Consultant
- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
- Closing Date
The Maintenance team advises its customers on the optimal use and maintenance of rail vehicles. We currently undertake a variety of projects, from advising on maintenance plans and maintenance operation to over-arching advice for large organisations and projects.
The role we are seeking to fill is that of a maintenance consultant to support the delivery of rolling stock projects, these will include fleet consultancy, design and assurance projects.
As a consultant you will work on the delivery of projects providing expert advice to the project and directly to the client as required. As we also undertake assurance work you will be required to review and assess compliance with relevant standards.
As a consultant for relevant projects within your area of expertise you will be required to manage the delivery of your own work to the client within the defined timescale, cost and quality.
• Advise clients on maintenance, overhaul and lifetime extension issues and solve any problems as they arise
• Work with clients to understand maintenance objectives and desired outcomes for each project.
• Lead and deliver specific work packages to quality, time and budget.
• Manage projects and deliver work-streams, taking direction from the Project Director when required. Ensure that the work scope of work and time budgets are clear, monitored and managed, and that risks to delivering to quality, on time and within budget against acceptance criteria are anticipated and managed. Initiate timely and accurate invoicing so that invoicing targets are met. Ensure overall client satisfaction targets are met throughout the project life-cycle.
• Manage and deliver proposals, identifying potential risks, devising the approach, specifying clear acceptance criteria, resourcing and costs.
• Maintain and broaden your network and create opportunities with existing and new customers.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Engineering Degree qualified with 3-8+ years relevant experience in maintenance
• Understand the technical maintenance environment and know how to connect the strategic with the operational. Familiar with methods such as FMECA, RAMS and RBM, without being a specialist in these areas.
• Strong skills in Excel and other analytic packages
• Good knowledge of Asia rail industry
• Analytical and methodical problem-solving.
• A visible passion for the rail industry
• Strong communication skills: English: Fluent in speaking and writing. Chinese (Mandarin)/(Cantonese): Fluent in speaking and reading; fluent in writing highly desirable
• Flexibility to travel