Position Title: Rail Assessors
Ricardo Rail is a global multi-disciplinary rail consultancy providing services in expert advice and independent assurance across the UK, Europe, Middle East and Asia where we employ c500 consultants working on rolling stock, infrastructure and independent assurance projects.
Our UK Rail business employs c130 consultants in offices in London, Preston, York, Bristol and Derby, which is our head office.
We provide consultancy and independent assurance services, including NoBo, DeBo, AsBo and ISA, across infrastructure and rolling stock to a clients including infrastructure managers, train manufactures, equipment manufacturers and maintainers.
Our shared goal is to be the natural choice provider of expert advice and independent assurance services to the global rail industry. Care, integrity and excellence will always drive our long-term relationships with clients and colleagues.
Due to continued growth we are now looking to strengthen our teams capability to help lead the growth of this business area and support the delivery of existing and new projects.
Rail Assessors/ Senior Assessors - London/ Bristol
- Undertake general assessment activities, as directed by the Programme Technical Manager and/or NoBo Lead
- Undertake the compliance assessment that is required by the Energy TSI and NNTRs and is in accordance with the selected assessment module, to confirm the extent of compliance.
- Build an effective working relationship with TSI Energy engineers responsible for the client’s project design, build and commissioning.
- Take direction from the NoBo Senior Engineers/NoBo Lead to provide assessment consistent with other NoBo engineers.
- Prepare technical reports for Energy (TSI) assessments.
- Produce Energy (TSI) compliance work to meet the requirements of the client contract and those of Ricardo internal governance.
- Maintain and demonstrate competence in accordance with Ricardo procedures.
- Work closely with the AsBo engineers to ensure that there is no duplication of activities and to share details of non-compliances which have been identified so that appropriate action by the relevant body can be taken.
- Generate assessment responses in the Interoperability Assessment Database (IAD) to capture assessment comments and project responses to comments.
- Support the NoBo Senior Engineers/NoBo Lead in preparation and delivery of Interim Statements of Verification and Technical Files .
Interface accountabilities of this role
- Ricardo Programme Technical Manager, NoBo Lead
- Engineers and experts within client’s designers, accountable for Energy (TSI) design, build and commissioning.
- Client systems engineers regarding progress and status of compliance of checking the Energy (TSI) designs, including any Energy specific issues.
- Energy (TSI) specialists within the Infrastructure Managers
- Authors of client documents being assessed by the NoBo
- Client and their contractors undertaking activities being assessed by the NoBo
Specific training on AsBo and NoBo will given if required
- Holds a degree in a relevant technical area or has suitable academic background.
- Chartered Engineer
- Member of an appropriate Professional institution