This role will commence in July 2018.
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
The Marketing Manager will develop and implement a marketing plan that ensures the appropriate delivery, management and reporting of activities and projects in order to help our clients, internal business areas and the company overall to meet their goals.
They will inspire their team to produce innovative, high quality, valuable work and maintain and develop a team culture where team members take the role of Marketing and Communications experts to proactively engage with and support people from across the company and our clients. This will require that team members are employing critical thinking and are engaging with and growing their professional networks.
They will regularly report progress against strategic aims to the Head of Marketing and Digital Services, reviewing strategic direction as necessary.
The Marketing Manager will be an active member of the Marketing and Communications community in the UK and have an in depth understanding of trends and requirements in the market, especially amongst our key clients. They will pass their knowledge onto Business Area Managers and make them aware of the team’s key successes and capabilities to help them achieve their growth targets.
The Marketing Manager will:
- Directly deliver and support the team to provide lead generation campaigns to enable sales and business growth
- Ensure year on year growth in Marketing focused customer work
- Develop, implement and review strategic direction, working alongside and reporting to the responsible Directors, particularly regarding business planning
- Act as the overall team leader covering areas such as team communications, resourcing, recruitment, staff retention and development, input to individual’s personal development, salary reviews and promotion cases (alongside the HR Manager).
- Inspire innovation and critical thinking from within the team
- Ensure appropriate Quality Assurance is maintained
- Ensure effective delegation of support from the marketing team to business areas including business development, bidding, project requirements gathering and project support
- Ensure that marketing skills and services are aligned with the needs of Ricardo and external clients, where necessary planning and prioritising so that projects are delivered to time, budget and quality
- Engage with external customers to support colleagues as required
- Mentor and support members of the team in association with the HR Manager and senior colleagues
Key competencies and experience:
- An experienced manager with team leadership experience and ideally a relevant professional qualification
- Evidence and experience of managing large-scale marketing or communication campaigns, activities and services in a complex organisation
- Experience in shaping “solutions” for a wide range of applications and clients
- Experience of budget and time management
- Experience of quickly understanding a new technical area, gathering and managing input from a range of internal stakeholders
- Understanding of marketing, analytics, communications and innovation best practice
- Track record of building and growing client relationships
- Experience of developing and managing a high-performing team and maintaining and developing team morale.
Skills and behaviours:
- The ability to oversee the delivery of creative, effective and measured marketing and communications activities
- Experience in providing marketing and communications services to target a wide range of national and international clients / sectors (incorporating both public and commercial sector clients)
- The ability to lead, influence and manage projects and people effectively and to effectively delegate work to others
- High level of commercial awareness and ability to deliver value to Ricardo
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks and challenges simultaneously
- Delegation and collaboration skills
- Proactive and flexible approach to engagement with colleagues and clients
- Exceptional presentational skills (e.g. proven through bid interviews, team meetings, etc)
- Leadership and people management skills to motivate a team
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment, offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo is an equal opportunities employer