About the Role
The Requirements Engineer/Manager role will be collaborating with the wider Ricardo Rail Asia business specifically with the systems engineering function and suppliers to provide requirements engineering and management expertise to our clients.
The incumbent will be considering the whole systems engineering lifecycle, lead on aspects of requirements elicitation, analysis, validation, specification, verification, and management of the real needs of stakeholders, including staff, customers and end users.
Include (but not limited to):
- Working closely with and engaging the project teams and diverse stakeholders (internal and external), to ensure successful management of requirements to support the progressive assurance activities to demonstrate compliance with customer objectives.
- Deliver high quality functional/non-functional requirements and associated verification / validation.
- Lead the development of requirements for a functional and / or discipline area. Be able to demonstrate detailed understanding of requirements in relevant area to provide insight into the context and rationale of the requirement.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Write requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely.
- Analyse and decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements and quality, specified in an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by those who must base their work on the requirements.
- Lead requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable, and that they conform to standards.
- Manage requirements traceability information and track requirements status throughout the project lifecycle.
- Establish and implement effective requirements practices, including use and continuous improvement of requirements processes.
- Support the development of the organization's requirements engineering policies, procedures, and tools.
- Implementing system lifecycle processes in a way that meets customer’s needs.
- Establishing measures to evaluate the effectiveness of the application of the system lifecycle processes.
- Managing resource demand, supply and allocation to facilitate a continuous improvement and learning culture.
- Minimum 5-10+ years practical experience as a Requirements Manager/Engineer or similar related discipline.
- The successful candidate will hold a degree in an engineering subject, which was taught in English.
- Good understanding of systems engineering processes.
- Good understanding of railway interfaces and how they can affect the performance aspects of the railway.
- A Professional Engineer or working towards professional registration via a relevant professional body or industry recognised authority in the discipline (desirable).
- A good working knowledge of requirements management tools (i.e. IBM DOORS – desirable).
- Proven track record of successfully implementing systems engineering and/or requirements management techniques on major railway investment projects.
- Experience of Verification and Validation principles and management activities.
- Experience of working with multi-disciplined engineers such as Civil, Structural, Architectural, Electrical, Optical, Mechanical, Electrical, Control & Information, Signalling, Track, Rolling Stock etc.
- Experience collaborating with internal and external suppliers to achieve a common goal.
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams on international projects.