Position Title: Financial and Management Accountant – Ricardo Rail
Department: Ricardo Rail UK
Location: Shoreham By Sea
Financial and Management Accountant Role (Rail EMEA-Denmark, Spain and Middle East)
Ricardo is a global world-class, multi-industry consultancy for engineering, technology, project innovation and strategy. With a century of delivering value, the company employs over 1600 professional consultants, engineers and staff world-wide. Our client list includes the world's major transportation Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s), supply chain organisations, energy companies, financial institutions & governments.
On 1st July 2015, Ricardo Rail was acquired from Lloyds Register. The business employs 480 rail engineers, specialists and support staff located at offices across Europe, Asia and Middle East. The rail business has the following core product offerings: Independent Assurance, Rolling Stock, Signalling and Train Control and Intelligent Rail and Operations.
The Rail Shared Service finance department, which is based in Shoreham is responsible for all aspects of financial control and financial reporting to divisional and group management.
The role of the Rail financial and management accountant will report to the Rail Financial Controller.
- Preparation of EMEA monthly management accounts
- Preparation and posting of project/ non-project accruals and sundry journals
- Run project settlements and revenue recognition on projects
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations (including project settlement and orderbook)
- Review intercompany transactions in Tagetik and resolve variances between EMEA and other Rail or Ricardo divisions
- Preparation of Profit and Loss reports for business partners review
- Load SAP data into Tagetik and reconcile SAP to Tagetik. Prepare supporting schedules in Tagetik as per required by Group.
- Preparation of utilisation reports
Post Month End
- Produce HY and FY annual statutory financial statements for EMEA
- Assist in preparation of VAT and WHT returns for EMEA by providing information to third party tax accountants.
- Liase with HR and prepare payroll journals for EMEA
- Adhoc banking requirements/approvals for payroll and supplier payments
- Oversee intercompany recharges for EMEA
- Manage GRIR Account for EMEA
- Preparation of overhead analysis for EMEA
- Play a key role in supporting local audits for EMEA, external and internal audits
- Manage project closures in SAP for UK EMEA
- Other adhoc projects: process improvements, work with the business partners to drive clarity and accuracy in reporting
Skills / Attributes Required
- Part qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively and building strong relationships with finance teams.
- Technically strong with up to date knowledge of UKGAAP and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Proficiency with integrated business software (ERP) preferably experience with SAP
- Strong analytical skills including Excel modeling skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to perform tasks to a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure to meet Group deadlines