Associate Director - Air Quality & Environment
- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
- Bristol, Glasgow, London, Manchester, Oxfordshire (Harwell)
- Closing Date
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
The Air Quality & Environment Practice team of over 100 consultants, scientists and engineers develop and apply state-of-the-art tools and techniques to deliver effective solutions to difficult air quality problems. Our team includes knowledge leaders on air quality measurement, inventory development, modelling, exposure assessment, chemical modelling, public health impacts, information management and data visualisation. Our clients benefit from the full range of air quality services that result in solutions and strategies tailored to addressing challenges at local, city and national scales. We deliver hundreds of projects every year, to public and private sector clients in the UK and overseas, including flagship programmes such as the UK’s national air quality measurement network (AURN), the National Atmospheric Emissions Inventory (NAEI) and the annual national scale air quality modelling assessment on behalf of UK Government.
We are looking for an outstanding Associate Director to join our team and play an integral role in shaping and delivering our growth strategy. Reporting to the Business Manager, you will ensure the delivery of client solutions that demonstrate technical excellence, whilst exceeding client expectations.
You will lead on a portfolio of client work programmes including a wide range of high profile, complex projects and provide clear project direction which reflects our reputation for high quality solutions. You will also lead on proposals, defining quality outcomes, pricing, budget and scope.
As part of our Senior Team, you will identify external industry developments which will potentially affect our business, and seek opportunities for innovative client solutions. You will also be expected to identify and secure new business, from both existing and new clients.
You will bring extensive technical experience alongside leadership capabilities and a strong track record in client relationship management and business acumen. You will have the drive and determination to succeed and must be comfortable working at Senior level in a consultancy environment.
With an impressive technical reputation and standing, you will be able to demonstrate your experience of directing projects and delivery of client outcomes. You will also have strong project management and report writing skills. You will work closely with colleagues in Glasgow, Harwell, London, Manchester and Bristol offices to deliver high quality solutions on a range of projects including environmental impact assessment for proposed developments and scenarios for policy analysis. The role will include significant air quality technical work using relevant modelling software, provision of technical reports, project management and proposal writing.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge and experience of air quality assessment practices in the UK, and preferably overseas, is essential.
- A Bachelors, Masters or PhD in a relevant discipline.
- Proven track record of developing profitable new and existing business.
- Excellent leadership skills which creates motivated and high-performance teams.
- Have personal drive and determination to succeed, be self-determining and able to positively contribute to the business at senior management level in a consultancy environment.
- Extensive technical experience alongside a strong track record in client relationship management.
- An impressive technical reputation in your field of expertise externally
- Ability to direct projects and delivery of client outcomes.
- Proven experience of leading large complex bids including the management of bid teams, development of methodology and presentation and developing follow-on work with customers and creating new business opportunities.
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral.
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.