Position Title: Assistant Business Manager – Independent Assurance
Department: Ricardo Rail UK
Ricardo Rail’s Independent Assurance team has a robust and ever increasing strong brand in both the UK and Global Rail Industry. To support the expected growth, we are recruiting for a new role to help drive the need to grow the current established team. The role we are seeking to fill is that of Assistant Business Manager to work within our Independent Assurance Team.
Based in Derby you will be predominately responsible for managing the sales pipeline, orderbook and the commercial performance of projects for this business area. We are looking for a confident, energetic self-starter who is able to deputise for the UK Business Manager, create and develop relationships with key engineering leaders and rail decision makers as well as internal stakeholders. In undertaking this client facing role, you will be expected to combine sound engineering knowledge with commercial acumen to ensure the successful delivery of our industry leading independent assurance services .
- To support the Business Manager to manage the Independent Assurance P&L.
- Ensure project performance matches or exceeds approved margins and cashflow profile.
- To collaborate with the UK Business Development Manager in order to manage the sales pipeline and orderbook for the Independent Assurance business area.
- To collaborate with the UK Business Development Manager in business development activities.
- Deal with business queries and build relationships with internal and external clients.
- Co-ordinate the bid/no-bid decision process within the agreed authority level.
- Solicit customer feedback about current and completed projects, to enable continuous improvement in delivery and customer service.
- Develop the UK Independent Assurance service offering.
- Constantly monitor project performance through Project Managers and Project Directors, resolve any performance issues or escalate to the Business Manager. Take on the role of Project Director for key projects in the service area.
- Represent Ricardo Rail at industry events and committees.
- Continuously improve your own competence and knowledge of the railway assurance industry.
- Provide guidance to projects on the EC Directive requirements, Railway Interoperability Regulations and associated TSIs.
- Deputise for the Independent Assurance Business Manager as required.
Technical expertise & skills required:
- Rail Industry experience essential.
- Business Development experience.
- Project Management experience.
- Independent Assurance Approvals rail delivery experience.
- NoBo/ DeBo/ AsBo experience or other rail regulatory experience preferred.
- Degree or equivalent technical qualification, with experience in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Chartered Engineer or actively working towards Chartership of a recognised Professional Engineering Body is preferred but not essential.
For further information or to make an application please contact Donna.Baker@ricardo.com.