Ricardo Rail Asia is a division of a UK based PLC that delivers assurance and consulting services to the Rail industry. Effective internal and external communications are a challenge, with more than ten offices throughout Asia, speaking multiple native languages and a diverse range of customers and target markets.
Reporting functionally to the Regional Finance Manager and with frequent contact with the Regional General Manager and HR Manager, the position will be responsible for developing and implementing creative and effective corporate communications to enhance the Ricardo brand in Asia within the rail industry and provide clear and professional knowledge transfer to Asia team.
The mid/long-term objective of this role is to enhance the Ricardo brand, specifically using social media, effective customer communications and other media channels. The immediate (short term) objective is to develop a communications strategy and delivery model to ensure employees are well informed and motivated.
The position requires and innovative person that can help shape the communications strategy and delivery it. The responsibilities include the following:
- Consolidate external marketing and materials, including services brochures, capability statements, case studies and project bid templates
- Develop and manage an external social media platform including: LinkedIn, WeChat and other social media channels relevant to our industry and geography’s
- Work with the Country Managers and Principal Consultants to assist in planning, editing, finalising and publishing key industry papers and presentations
- Plan and manage an event programme with clients and staff, consistent with the regional and group programme and the requirements of the Country Managers
- In conjunction with regional Senior Leadership Team, coordinate an Asia CSR programme that promotes Ricardo and creates a sense of pride in who we are and what we do
- Manage various video production activities for external consumption
- Develop a program for employee engagement and knowledge transfer including a monthly regional update
- Extend the social media messaging to internal employees through vehicles such as WeChat, Yammer, SharePoint and any applicable channels relevant to our regional offices
- Consider, develop and roll out innovative messaging and training to employees through video’s, phone apps etc
- Provide training, guidance and editing services for key bids and client communications, including the coordination of technical writer services
- The position will interact with a variety of employees and customers from multiple countries and will need to be adaptable in the approach and innovative and driven in the planning and delivery.
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE
- The candidate will ideally have had at least 5 years’ experience of working in a similar role and experience in a consulting environment will be highly valued.
- Formal qualifications in marketing and or communications would be an advantage but are not essential.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with social media channels
- The role requires, a conscientious leader with a high attention to detail, that is confident, friendly and able to work well as part of a team.
- The ability to manage personal priorities and have a flexible in approaching working schedule will be important as the position may require travel across the region including Korea, Taiwan, Japan and Mainland China.