Rail - Lead Assessors
- Role type
Position Title: Rail Lead Assessors -Safety Assessment
Department: Ricardo Rail Certification - Denmark
At Ricardo Certification Denmark ApS we are looking for Senior Assessors for our Rail business in Copenhagen. Ricardo Certification is expanding our team. We already have a solid and long-term project portfolio including being the safety assessor on the Danish Signalling Programme and the light rail projects in Odense, Aarhus and Copenhagen.
Ricardo employs worldwide over 2900 consultants including 700 engineers dedicated to rail. In Denmark, Ricardo is the largest assessor within accreditation as a Type A Inspection Body. Denmark is the Nordic HQ for Ricardo, and is characterized by independent and highly professional employees.
The Rail Industry is a highly safety-critical sector, that has many important stakeholders such as governments, regulators, financial institutions and passengers who expect some degree of third party oversight on issues related to safety and quality.
As a Senior Assessor you will join, and in some projects, front a team, doing 3rd party assessment safety assessment work on some of the most interesting railway projects in Denmark. This will include all technical aspects within your technical domain, combined with using technical experts and assessors from a Ricardo global pool of specialists. . You will act as Lead Assessor for Common Safety Method on Risk Assessment (CSM-RA) and lead Notified Body Projects (NoBo) in relation to the Railway Interoperability Regulations. In this position, you will be required to produce and coordinate documented evidence of safety, including Safety Assessment reports and certificates. You will apply your industry knowledge and professional judgement in collating and analysing appropriate information in line with industry standards, including legislation, guidance and company procedures. Although the focus on work is in Scandinavia, it will also be possible to work on global projects on Ricardo’s assignments in central Europe, Asia and UK.
- Suitable Engineering degree
- System Engineering / System Integration with in depth knowledge on one of the following domains:
- - Tracks and permanent way
- - Interlocking
- - Catenary systems
- - High-voltage Electrification
- Experience with Safety Engineering practices, ideally CSM-RA and / or EN50126/9 , but this can be included in your training plan if required
- Business Development and Project management experience is required
- In addition to your strong technical insight, you will have a strong passion for the rail industry and have a genuine interest in applying your knowledge to complex projects
- Fluent written and verbal English and Danish language skills
- As a person, you are analytical and an adaptable, and you should already have built a good reputation within the industry
- Have the flexibility to travel occasionally to other Ricardo offices in Europe and to client premises
You will join a company with a strong brand and international presence, at a time of expansion in the Scandinavian market. You will be part of our Nordic HQ in Copenhagen but we are still able to offer you interesting terms, should you not live close to Copenhagen. Furthermore, we are truly committed to providing a healthy work-life balance for all our employees.
For further information or to make an application please contact Donna.Baker@ricardo.com.