Ricardo’s Energy & Environment division is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
We are seeking a creative and self-motivated individual to join the Communications and Engagement Team as a Marketing and Communications Executive on a 12 month FTC starting in April 2018.
From day one, you’ll be part of a team supporting consultants in delivering communications, engagement and behavioural change projects to support some of the company’s largest customers. Successful applicants will have strong communications and/or marketing capability, together with a proactive, organised approach and a pride in the quality of their work. You will have experience of working in both the public and private sector and will be able to demonstrate a customer focused commercial mindset.
As part of the Communications and Engagement team, you’ll find support and mentoring from within the team. You will manage your time across several projects, contributing in all phases - from helping to carry out communication strategies and plans, to delivering copy and content for digital and traditional collateral, supporting events and helping our marketing campaigns, right through to supporting the preparation of proposals to win new contracts or playing a part in corporate communications initiatives. You will be responsible for the quality and delivery of your work, and liaising with other members of the team to incorporate your contribution into wider project outputs.
- Draft and edit copy for both digital and printed media, such as literature for websites, social media, collateral, brochures or bids.
- Create lead generation activities in support of the Sales team, Account Managers and Product Managers
- Maintain websites and social media accounts - including copy writing and page development (using a range of content management systems)
- Manage marketing information on CRM (Microsoft Dynamics) to ensure that data are fit for purpose, up to date and aligned with the latest data protection regulations
- Liaise with a wide range of external stakeholders including customer marketing contacts, Senior Management of customers and third-party companies, elected officials and members of Non- Governmental Organisations.
- Assist where requested in developing market information and intelligence in support of the company and our customer’s Marketing plans.
- Assist where requested in writing or developing content in support of the team’s bidding or business development activity.
- Assist in other areas of communications and public relations as required. Examples might include writing content for newsletters, managing external and internal communications/mailing campaigns, organising events, campaign list building, research and verification etc.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following skills:
- A Bachelors (2.1 or above) or Masters, or equivalent qualification / experience in a subject relevant to communications or marketing
- Understanding of how social media is best used in a business and commercial environment, with some experience of application
- Solid understanding of marketing analytics
- Strong PC literacy – especially in MS PowerPoint and Word
- A high level of creativity and a talent for design
- Able to deliver high quality work to tight deadlines
- Proven experience of delivering lead generation focused marketing activities
- Highly organised with effective prioritisation skills.
- Experience of working with CMS, CRM and email software
- Experience of working with technical products or services
- Strong copy-writing capabilities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills at all levels
- Experienced in reporting on performance of marketing activities to a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of using CMS (such as Kentico, WordPress, Drupal), Microsoft Dynamics, email marketing and automation tools
- Experience of working with multi-media including video editing software
- Familiar with working within the Circular Economy, Resource Efficiency, Energy/Renewables or Waste Management sector.
- Professional Marketing qualification (CIM)
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment, offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo is an equal opportunities employer