- Role type
- Closing Date
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
The communications and engagement team is key to supporting delivery of marketing, business development and customer projects. An important role within the communications and engagement team is the Event Manager, who is responsible for the successful delivery of a wide range of event and supporting marketing activities.
The Events Manager will ensure the company is successful in the delivery of engaging events that enable us to exceed customers’ expectations and that contribute to the growth of the organisation. Events will include conferences, exhibitions, seminars, product and service launches, site visits, training packages and webinars.
Events will vary in size, time and location from small half-day training workshops through to 100 delegate multi day conferences with break-out meetings, exhibition, gala dinners, and other on and off-site activities. We also host trade / international government delegations.
The individual will be responsible for the full range of event management and delivery activities, from developing proposals and bids to support winning new event-based contracts, through to pre and post event marketing activities such as email development and distribution. We are looking for an individual who is commercially minded and sees events as an opportunity to create new business and drive leads and opportunities into our team.
The individual will be the central point for organisation of events and should keep all parties informed as they progress. The individual should be clear and concise and maintain a comprehensive on-going report of all activities related to the event to keep management and other key stakeholders updated as required.
Each event will be different, but key activities could include:
- Liaising with Project Managers regarding the specifications for each event
- Venue management including sourcing, booking, and on-going communication
- Registration promotion and management including compiling mailing lists, delivering traditional and digital marketing campaigns to attract delegates and registering people at events including developing and providing delegate information.
- Speakers/presenter management including preparing presentations – PowerPoints and working on other creative and engaging tools
- Exhibition management including booking of exhibition space, preparing exhibition kit for team
- Organising accommodation, meals and travel where required
- Attending and assisting at the events
- Setup and Delivery of virtual events such as webinars
Key competencies and experience:
- Significant events and marketing experience
- Strong commercial acumen and proven ability to drive business from events
- Good communication skills
- Able to negotiate, delegate and work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Experience of post event follow up/ success rating / reporting/ analysis
- Willingness to travel within the UK and international travel
- Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CMS, email systems and CRM.
Skills and behaviours:
- Specific areas of environmental technical knowledge are beneficial, but not required.
- Organisational skills, communication and time management are a key element.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal.
- Strong commercial acumen
- Working closely with other team members from across the company and liaise with outside contractors on a regular basis.
Some travel (UK and International) will be required
We are open to discussion about flexible working arrangements that enable the role to be successfully delivered.