Rolling Stock – Senior Consultant
- Role type
- Permanent, Full time, Contract
- Closing Date
The role we are seeking to fill is that of a Senior Rolling Stock Safety Consultant to support our projects and deliverables in rolling stock from our China office.
A good domain knowledge of railway rolling stock engineering (mechanical and electrical) is essential and a detailed understanding of rolling stock systems and how they interface and operate with each other at an engineering level is key.
As a Senior Consultant you will be heavily client focused and will spend a significant time dealing with our clients to ensure we deliver our services efficiently and understand the clients’ needs and requirements. We require all our consultants to interface with Clients and other project stakeholders at both a technical and contractual level.
You will be required to take on a range of projects including consultancy, safety engineering and RAMS and so will be able to understand the processes and procedures and their implementation.
As a more senior member of the team you would also be overseeing work being undertaken by less experienced engineers, providing advice and assistance at the detailed level.
As a project manager for relevant projects within your area of expertise you will be required to manage the delivery of your own work to the client and that of others within the team to timescale, cost and quality.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
· Provide expertise and advice to Ricardo Rail and external clients on rolling stock projects, engineering practice, potential solutions.
· To be a player in project teams preparing and/or reviewing project documentation.
· Liaise with consultants and contractors on project issues, and interface with clients on both a technical and contractual matters.
· Manage and lead projects as required, controlling budgets, quality and timeliness of deliverables and working with resource managers to utilise the right people.
· Develop proposals and undertake business development activities to enhance client relationships and secure further work to achieve sales targets.
· Interface with domain experts from other disciplines within the Ricardo Rail global business.
· Oversee and review the work of other consultants as required.
· Maintain your own competence and knowledge at the forefront of your area of expertise.
Qualifications / Experience:
· You will be degree educated in a suitable engineering discipline and have achieved Chartered Engineer or equivalent through a relevant professional institution such as the IET/IMechE.
· Successful delivery of own areas of responsibility, including quality deliverables, on time and to budget.
· Analytical and methodical problem solving.
· Rolling stock domain expertise.
· A visible passion for the rail industry.
· Versatile and adaptable, able to operate under pressure.
· Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
· Flexibility to travel and short durations overseas if required.
· Safety engineering and safety case development for rolling stock projects.
· Risk Assessment techniques including the participation in the HazID process.