Ricardo Rail is seeking a commercially savvy individual to take on a Bid Support role.
- Producing and developing well-constructed proposals/bids that provide valuing adding solutions to clients
- Prepare contracts, budgets for new projects
- To report the sales opportunities pipeline
- Support the development of marketing materials (working in conjunction with the marketing team) for prospective business within the RPC team
- Support RPC team for all sales activities and working closely with the Business Manager
- Seeking opportunities to add value for clients and ensuring excellent customer service is maintained
- Conduct Market Research
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Be an excellent communicator in (written and spoken) English
- Proven ability in effective planning of campaign activity or sales strategy and positive engagement with customers and colleagues
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Able to understand the clients’ needs and identify opportunities to build service solutions for the client that will be are profitable for Ricardo Rail China
- Commercially aware, looks to the long term and creates service offerings to enable the business to meet future requirements
- Well organised, takes the initiative and able to identify and deliver key activities to benefit the business
- An excellent communicator, with well-developed interpersonal skills, able to show empathy and who secures buy in through effective influencing skills
- A team player, who can engage with people and cultivate relationships across all levels both inside and outside Ricardo
- Courageous and challenging, persuasive and able to win respect
- Open, honest, trusted and with a high degree of integrity
ABOUT RICARDO RAIL
Ricardo is a global strategic, technical and environmental consultancy and specialist niche manufacturer of high performance products. We also provide independent assurance services in the rail sector. With a century of delivering excellence and innovation, we employ over 3,000 professional engineers, consultants and scientists world-wide.
Our activities cover a range of market sectors including passenger car, commercial vehicle, rail, defense, motorsport, motorcycle, off-highway, marine, clean energy and power generation.
Our client list includes the world’s major transportation original equipment manufacturers, supply chain organisations, energy companies, financial institutions and government agencies.
Guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, innovation and passion we enable our customers to achieve sustainable growth and commercial success.
Ricardo is committed to ensuring there is no discrimination against any job applicant on the grounds of race, colour, nationality or national or ethnic origin, gender or marital status, disability, gender change status or sexual orientation, religion or philosophical belief, political belief, trade union activity or age.