Ricardo Rail is seeking an experienced and well connected individual to fill the role of Key Account Manager for a Rolling Stock manufacturer in China. This position will take responsibility for transforming Ricardo’s global relationship with this client into a strategic client partnership.
The incumbent will develop connections and relationships with all levels within the client organisation’s multiple sites, and position Ricardo has a strategic partner.
· Main point for contact for all business opportunities within this client and identify new project opportunities
· Produce and maintain a 3-year plan for growth of Ricardo’s business through the partnership with this client
· Develop an understanding of the client’s growth & investment plans
· Maintain Key Account Management (KAM) plans with information on company (subsidiary) structure, points of contact, opportunities and actions
· Liaise with Ricardo’s global Consultancy and Certification teams to ensure fit-for-purpose project proposals are being developed
· Monitor ongoing sales and project performance, identifying areas of concern requiring further resolution or executive delegations to resolve. Consolidate client feedback and develop and maintain a strategy for preventing negative feedback
· Liaise with other parts of Ricardo plc, identifying opportunities and capabilities that can be brought to this client
· Facilitate international visits and delegations to ensure the client has confidence in Ricardo’s abilities and support
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
· More than 10 years’ experience in Sales / Business Development in the China Rolling Stock industry
· Ideally possess a general understanding of rolling stock design / system engineering / manufacturing or testing & commissioning
· Ideally possess a general understanding in safety and quality assurance
· Ability to prepare professionally presented, structured, and concise written business documents.
· English: Fluent in speaking and writing. Chinese (Mandarin): Fluent in speaking and reading; fluent in writing highly desirable
· IT literate - must be proficient in MS Office suite
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
· Be able to demonstrate success in relationship building
· Be able to liaise with customers to maintain continuous communication in the development and implementation of projects to ensure a uniformity of purpose and common targets
· Have proven planning, problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to work with other team members to identify practical and effective resolutions to performance issues and guide and/or coach others in the resolution of problems
· Be flexible to travel frequently as required