Position Title: Project Assistant/Coordinator and Operational Support Administrator
Department: Ricardo Rail UK
Reporting to: Team Leader
Ricardo is a global strategic, technical and environmental consultancy and specialist niche manufacturer of high performance products. We also provide independent assurance services in the rail sector. With a century of delivering excellence and innovation, we employ over 2,500 professional engineers, consultants and scientists world-wide.
Our activities cover a range of market sectors including passenger car, commercial vehicle, rail, defence, motorsport, motorcycle, off-highway, marine, clean energy and power generation.
Our client list includes the world’s major transportation original equipment manufacturers, supply chain organisations, energy companies, financial institutions and government agencies.
Guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, innovation and passion we enable our customers to achieve sustainable growth and commercial success.
Ricardo Rail is a global multi-disciplinary rail consultancy providing services in expert advice and independent assurance across the UK, Europe, Middle East and Asia where we employ c500 consultants working on rolling stock, infrastructure and independent assurance projects.
Our UK Rail business employs c120 consultants in offices in London, Preston, York, Bristol and Derby, which is our head office.
We provide consultancy and independent assurance services, including NoBo, DeBo, AsBo and ISA, across infrastructure and rolling stock to a clients including infrastructure managers, train manufactures, equipment manufacturers and maintainers.
Our shared goal is to be the natural choice provider of expert advice and independent assurance services to the global rail industry. Care, integrity and excellence will always drive our long-term relationships with clients and colleagues.
Due to continued growth we are now looking to strengthen our rolling stock team to support the delivery of existing and new projects.
To work within the Ricardo Rail UK RS Consultancy delivery team to deliver and manage projects including document control. There will be a need to work autonomously, and to interface with the client, other members of the team and the management team.
To provide support to the Team Leader and Project Manager within the Ricardo Rail UK delivery team for resourcing and delivery of projects.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Maintain, input and manage data entered on external databases to ensure accurate and timely enteries are submitted in line with regulatory requirements for specific management systems global sector schemes, with first line responsibility for dealing with anomalies and potential process failures
- Liaise with other departments and service areas to deal with, and where appropriate initially dealing with complex queries, escalating in line with process, to proactively resolve service issues within agreed deadlines/targets
- Carry out activities to ensure alignment with internal procedures, contractual requirements, cost structures and budget constraints
- Manage and maintain central data entry and data exchange with internal and external parties to support management systems’ core business processes and to meet its global requirements
- Provide a first level of response to all enquries and complaints, forwarding to other subject experts where applicable, to ensure a high level of customer service
- Identify, suggest and assist managers with implementing change and developments to the administration processes and procedures to meet future business demands and improve current efficiency
- Build and maintain good client relationships through proactive communication and actions to fulfill client and business expectations
- Ensure all new clients are identified and the client approval process and credit checking is fulfilled via the contracts co-ordinator.
- Identify the correct authorisation and approvals route for each enquiry/proposal (depending on project profile and authority levels) and implement that by arranging with reviewers and providing the required information in a timely manner.
- Convert winning bids into live projects and input into CRM and Changepoint accordingly and setting up milestones and activities as required
- Managing Team resource planning for work in conjunction with the Team Leader
- To undertake the role of Bid Co-ordinator, as required
- To undertake the role of Project Manager, as required
- To undertake roles within a project, as and when required
- To provide admin support on all projects including document control, update of project forecast and invoicing
Qualifications / Experience:
- Experience of woking in a business/ client services environment
- Flexible and results-oriented approach to meet varying and competing client and business demands
- Able to work on multiple tasks and to tight deadlines
- A proactive approach to problem solving with strong communication and diplomacy skills to negotiate and influence internal and external clients
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Polite and approchable manner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with many audiences.
- Essential: able to use Word, Excel and Power point to a good level of proficiency not requiring assistance from anyone else. (as often there is no one else in the office). Includes production of graphs.
- Able to travel throughout the UK (and possibly internationally) in support of projects and business development
- Prepared to undergo random drugs and alcohol testing and/or medical screening as required.
- Be able to learn and proficiently operate Ricardo Rail’s project management and CRM software tools.
- Familiar with office and documentation systems and requirements.
- Versatile and adaptable, able to operate under pressure.