Business Development Manager, Product Assurance
- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
- Beijing, Shanghai
- Closing Date
Ricardo Rail is seeking a commercially savvy individual to take on a Business Development role for product assurance. The location will be either Shanghai or Beijing. This is a newly formed role, that will report to the RPC (Product Certification) Business Manager, that will be critical to the overall sales performance in China. The role will focus on direct selling of certification, assurance, TSI certification services to all the major rolling stock, signalling and sub-suppliers in the Mainland China rail industry.
- To identify new project opportunities, broadening the Ricardo client network and connections
- Taking necessary actions to strengthen existing markets and identifies new market opportunities
- Producing and developing well-constructed proposals/bids that provide valuing adding solutions to clients
- Prepare contracts, budgets for new projects
- To report the sales opportunities pipeline
- Support the development of marketing materials (working in conjunction with the marketing team) for prospective business within the RPC team
- Support RPC team for all sales activities and working closely with the Business Manager
- Seeking opportunities to add value for clients and ensuring excellent customer service is maintained
- Conduct Market Research
- Delivering order intake and commission budget year-on-year
- Willingness to travel within China on a regular basis
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Demonstrable 5-8+ years of experience and track record in new business development in a similar field such as engineering, consulting or professional services
- Be an excellent communicator in Mandarin (written and spoken) and English
- Very good rapport-building skills to forge new business relationships and utilization of ‘powers of persuasion’ in winning new business
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit as well as having the foresight to carry out such schemes to fruition
- Proven ability in effective planning of campaign activity or sales strategy and positive engagement with customers and colleagues
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Understand the clients’ needs and identify opportunities to build service solutions for the client that will be are profitable for Ricardo Rail China
- Commercially aware, looks to the long term and creates service offerings to enable the business to meet future requirements
- Well organised, takes the initiative and able to identify and deliver key activities to benefit the business
- An excellent communicator, with well-developed interpersonal skills, able to show empathy and who secures buy in through effective influencing skills
- A team player, who can engage with people and cultivate relationships across all levels both inside and outside Ricardo
- Courageous and challenging, persuasive and able to win respect
- Open, honest, trusted and with a high degree of integrity
Ricardo is a global strategic, technical and environmental consultancy and specialist niche manufacturer of high performance products. We also provide independent assurance services in the rail sector. With a century of delivering excellence and innovation, we employ over 3,000 professional engineers, consultants and scientists world-wide.
Our activities cover a range of market sectors including passenger car, commercial vehicle, rail, defense, motorsport, motorcycle, off-highway, marine, clean energy and power generation.
Our client list includes the world’s major transportation original equipment manufacturers, supply chain organisations, energy companies, financial institutions and government agencies.
Guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, innovation and passion we enable our customers to achieve sustainable growth and commercial success.
Ricardo is committed to ensuring there is no discrimination against any job applicant on the grounds of race, colour, nationality or national or ethnic origin, gender or marital status, disability, gender change status or sexual orientation, religion or philosophical belief, political belief, trade union activity or age.