Systems Engineer - Consultant
- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
- Closing Date
Ricardo Rail is seeking a System Engineers to perform the role of Consultant. This position will provide advice to a variety of customers in the rail sector on complex and critical issues. The role is to be filled by an experienced specialist who has system engineering experience in working on major railway projects.
As a technical specialist you will assist customers in developing and implementing system engineering management systems, and applying system engineering approaches and methodologies in a rolling stock context.
You will also act as project manager for small to medium scale of projects within your area of expertise. You will be required to manage the delivery of your own work to the client within the defined timescale, cost and quality.
- Support rolling stock manufacturers to develop and implement System Engineering Management Plans that define system performance parameters and system configuration that satisfies technical requirements, planning and control of program tasks, integration of the engineering specialities and the management of a totally integrated effort of design engineering, computer software engineering, specialty engineering, test engineering, logistics engineering, quality evaluation and production engineering
- Manage projects to time, cost and quality and maintain client relationships
- Write reports, produce deliverables, attend meetings and deliver presentations covering system engineering issues
- Track project progress and report on technical and financial performance
- Liaise with consultants and contractors on project issues, and interface with clients on both technical matters
- Develop training and competency needs and requirements to ensure personal continual professional development
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering
- 1 -8 years of experience in Rolling Stock and / or system engineering management
- Ideally experience in rolling stock design / manufacturing / testing & commissioning
- Experience in safety and quality assurance
- Experience in configuration management
- Experience with verification and validation of rolling stock would be advantageous
- Ability to prepare professionally presented, structured, and concise written business documents.
- English: Fluent in speaking and writing. Chinese (Mandarin): Fluent in speaking and reading; fluent in writing highly desirable
- IT literate - must be proficient in MS Office suite and appropriate specialist software, e.g. FTA & RBD software applications
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Be able to demonstrate success in relationship building
- Be able to liaise with customers to maintain continuous communication in the development and implementation of projects to ensure a uniformity of purpose and common targets
- Have proven planning, problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to work with other team members to identify practical and effective resolutions to performance issues and guide and/or coach others in the resolution of problems
- Be flexible to travel as required
Ricardo is a global strategic, technical and environmental consultancy and specialist niche manufacturer of high performance products. We also provide independent assurance services in the rail sector. With a century of delivering excellence and innovation, we employ over 3,000 professional engineers, consultants and scientists world-wide.
Our activities cover a range of market sectors including passenger car, commercial vehicle, rail, defense, motorsport, motorcycle, off-highway, marine, clean energy and power generation.
Our client list includes the world’s major transportation original equipment manufacturers, supply chain organisations, energy companies, financial institutions and government agencies.
Guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, innovation and passion we enable our customers to achieve sustainable growth and commercial success.
Ricardo is committed to ensuring there is no discrimination against any job applicant on the grounds of race, colour, nationality or national or ethnic origin, gender or marital status, disability, gender change status or sexual orientation, religion or philosophical belief, political belief, trade union activity or age.