Ricardo Rail is seeking a leading Human Factors (HF) specialist to perform the role of Principal Consultant. This position will provide HF expertise to a variety of customers in the rail sector on complex and critical issues. The role is to be filled by an experienced technical specialist with strong project management skills.
As a HF specialist you will identify, develop and implement systems and processes that help customers meet operational requirements, mitigate risk and ensure compliance with regulatory standards.
- Provide human factors expertise and advice to Ricardo Rail's customers
- Apply human factors techniques/approaches to achieve improvements in safety, reliability, usability and maintainability in line with customers business objectives
- Offer customers sound advice on the role and contribution of human behaviour to system safety, railway operations risk and the management of change
- Apply your knowledge of operational analysis tools including; investigations, human reliability analysis, human error modelling, behavioural safety and non-technical skills development
- Support and deliver projects, including attending meetings, report writing, delivery of training, facilitate workshops with clients and other stakeholders
- Provide technical input into human factors proposals for future work
- Develop robust relationships with customers
- Manage projects with responsibility for delivering to time, cost and quality and client relationships
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Be degree educated in a suitable discipline and have membership in a relevant professional institution
- Posses >15 years professional experience in the application of human factors preferably in the rail sector with a focus on either rolling stock or train control
- Be able to demonstrate success in relationship building with clients
- Posses excellent oral English skills and preferably Cantonese or Mandarin
- Posses outstanding English reporting writing skills and preferably also Cantonese or Mandarin
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Be able to liase with customers to maintain continuous communication in the development and implementation of projects to ensure a uniformity of purpose and common targets
- Have proven planning, problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to work with other team members to identify practical and effective resolutions to client issues and guide and/or coach others in the resolution of problems
- Be able to project manage from proposal to closure
- Be versatile and adaptable, able to operate under pressure as needed
Ricardo is a global strategic, technical and environmental consultancy and specialist niche manufacturer of high performance products. We also provide independent assurance services in the rail sector. With a century of delivering excellence and innovation, we employ over 3,000 professional engineers, consultants and scientists world-wide.
Our activities cover a range of market sectors including passenger car, commercial vehicle, rail, defense, motorsport, motorcycle, off-highway, marine, clean energy and power generation.
Our client list includes the world’s major transportation original equipment manufacturers, supply chain organisations, energy companies, financial institutions and government agencies.
Guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, innovation and passion we enable our customers to achieve sustainable growth and commercial success.
Ricardo is committed to ensuring there is no discrimination against any job applicant on the grounds of race, colour, nationality or national or ethnic origin, gender or marital status, disability, gender change status or sexual orientation, religion or philosophical belief, political belief, trade union activity or age.