Signaling Software - Consultant
- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
- Closing Date
Ricardo Rail is seeking engineers possessing signaling system design or development experience. As a signaling specialist, you will have had an exposure to the safety criticality issues of the system. You work on providing professional safety assurance to a variety of customers in railway signaling industry across Asia. You must have a good understanding EN50129.
Within the signaling domain, you should have specific experience in software and / or software assurance. You will be familiar with EN50128 (or IEC 61508-3) and will be able to use this knowledge to help clients minimise software failures.
As a junior project manager for relevant projects within your area of expertise, you will be required to manage the delivery of your own work to the client within the defined timescale, cost and quality.
- To apply knowledge and professional judgement in assessing whether signaling systems or sub-systems have been developed in accordance with international standards
- Use your practical signalling knowledge to evaluate whether the signaling system meets required Safety Integrity levels
- To produce high quality, technically accurate reports and other documents in support of client projects within timescales and budgetary requirements
- To plan and implement project and programme activities, ensuring that they are undertaken within agreed resource parameters and delivered on time
- To provide support as required in business development activities, including contributing to proposals, and advise the appropriate manager of potential business opportunities identified.
- Represent Ricardo Rail at industry events
- Maintain your own competence and knowledge at the forefront of the signaling community.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Be degree educated in a suitable discipline and have membership in a relevant professional institution
- Candidates should possess knowledge of at least one of the following:
- Train Control and Protection Systems for traditional or high speed line railway, for example ETCS or CTCS, including Trackside – RBC, TCC, LEU, Balise, etc. and Trainborne – EVC, SDU, BTM, STM, etc.
- Train Control and Protection Systems for metro line, for example CBTC, including Trackside – ZC, DSU, LEU, Balise, etc. and Trainborne – EVC, SDU, BTM, etc.
- Interlocking and Train / Vehicle Detection, including Computer Based Interlocking, Track circuits, Axle counters, etc.
- It would be highly desirable to have an understanding of and Engineering Safety Management (ESM); EN50128 & IEC61508
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Qualified to degree level in railway signaling systems or above
- Experience in signaling equipment development with a focus on the safety criticality of the system.
- English: Fluent in speaking and writing. Chinese (Mandarin): Fluent in speaking and reading; fluent in writing highly desirable
- Preferably have auditing/assessing experience
- IT literate - must be proficient in MS Office suite
Ricardo is a global strategic, technical and environmental consultancy and specialist niche manufacturer of high performance products. We also provide independent assurance services in the rail sector. With a century of delivering excellence and innovation, we employ over 3,000 professional engineers, consultants and scientists world-wide.
Our activities cover a range of market sectors including passenger car, commercial vehicle, rail, defense, motorsport, motorcycle, off-highway, marine, clean energy and power generation.
Our client list includes the world’s major transportation original equipment manufacturers, supply chain organisations, energy companies, financial institutions and government agencies.
Guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, innovation and passion we enable our customers to achieve sustainable growth and commercial success.
Ricardo is committed to ensuring there is no discrimination against any job applicant on the grounds of race, colour, nationality or national or ethnic origin, gender or marital status, disability, gender change status or sexual orientation, religion or philosophical belief, political belief, trade union activity or age.