RAMS / System Assurance - Principal Consultant
- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
Ricardo Rail is seeking a RAMS/System Assurance specialist to perform the role of Principal Consultant. This position will provide expertise and advice to a variety of customers in the rail sector on complex and critical issues. The role is to be filled by an experienced specialist who not leads technically but also project manages.
As a lead technical specialist you will provide assistance to customers using RAMS analysis techniques such as FTA/ETA, FMEA, HAZOP, RBD, Bowtie and SIL.
As a project manager for relevant projects you will be required to manage the delivery of the projects to the client within the defined timescale, cost and quality.
- Provide RAMS / System Assurance expertise and advice to Ricardo Rail and external customers on good engineering practice, potential solutions, railway standards
- Lead the delivery of projects, including attending meetings with clients and other stakeholders
- Interface with other domain experts from other disciplines within the Ricardo Rail business, for example Railway Operations, Rolling Stock, Power Supply, and Civil Engineering
- Manage and deliver RAMS / System assurance projects to meet the defined time, cost and quality and manage the client relationship
- Maintain your own competence and knowledge at the forefront of the RAMS / System Assurance community.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Be degree educated in a suitable discipline and have membership in a relevant professional institution
- Posses15+ years demonstrated professional experience in the application of RAMS analysis techniques, e.g. FTA/ETA, FMEA, HAZOP, RBD, Bowtie, SIL
- In-depth understanding of EN50126 & EN50129 and Engineering Safety Management (ESM); understanding of EN50128 & IEC61508 highly desirable
- Ability to prepare professionally presented, structured, and concise written business documents.
- English: Fluent in speaking and writing. Chinese (Mandarin): Fluent in speaking and reading; fluent in writing highly desirable
- IT literate - must be proficient in MS Office suite and appropriate specialist software, e.g. FTA & RBD software applications
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Preferably possess a signalling or rolling stock background (preferred but not essential)
- Be able to demonstrate success in relationship building
- Be able to liaise with customers to maintain continuous communication in the development and implementation of projects to ensure a uniformity of purpose and common targets
- Have proven planning, problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to work with other team members to identify practical and effective resolutions to performance issues and guide and/or coach others in the resolution of problems
- Be flexible to travel as required