EMC Senior Consultant
- Role type
- Permanent, Full time
- Hong Kong, Singapore
Ricardo is seeking an Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) specialist to join our Rail team. This role will advise clients on electrical systems to support the delivery and supply of rolling stock to some of the world's largest rail projects around the world.
Ricardo delivers both consultancy and assurance projects. As such, you will be required to review and assess compliance with standards such as EC Directives, Technical Specifications for Interoperability (TSIs), Railway Group Standards and other related standards such as EN50121 for EMC.
As a project manager for relevant projects within your area of expertise you will be required to manage the delivery of your own work to the client within the defined timescale, cost and quality.
- Work with clients to understand ultimate objectives and desired outcomes for each project
- As part of a team, lead and deliver specific work packages to quality, time and budget
- Manage projects and deliver workstreams, taking direction from the Project Director when required
- Ensure that the work scope of work and time budgets are clear, monitored and managed, and that risks to delivering to quality, on time and within budget against acceptance criteria are anticipated and managed
- Initiate timely and accurate invoicing so that invoicing targets are met
- Ensure overall client satisfaction targets are met throughout the project lifecycle
- Manage and deliver proposals, identifying potential risks, devising the approach, specifying clear acceptance criteria, resourcing and costs
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Engineering Degree qualified
- Chartered Engineer through a relevant engineering institution, or able to achieve
- Ideally you will have experience in electrical systems on a variety of rolling stock types including EMUs, DMUs, locomotives and coaches and systems from heavy current and traction systems to light current auxiliary and control systems and some experience in more than one of the following: Electrical Systems (doors, HVAC etc.), Control Systems, Propulsion Systems, Electrical Machine, Current collection and distribution, Protection Systems, Earthing and Bonding
- Strong skills in Excel and other analytic packages
- Good knowledge of Asia rail industry
- Analytical and methodical problem solving
- A visible passion for the Rail industry
- Versatile and adaptable, able to operate under pressure
- Strong communication skills: English: Fluent in speaking and writing. Chinese (Mandarin)/(Cantonese): Fluent in speaking and reading; fluent in writing highly desirablle
- Flexibility to travel
ABOUT RICARDO RAIL
Ricardo Rail is a global multi-disciplinary rail consultancy providing services in expert advice and independent assurance across the UK, Europe, Middle East and Asia where we employ around 600 consultants working on rolling stock, infrastructure and independent assurance projects.
Our Asia Rail business employs around 120 consultants in offices in Beijing, Shanghai, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and Hong Kong.
We provide consultancy and independent assurance services across infrastructure and rolling stock to a clients including infrastructure managers, train manufactures, equipment manufacturers and maintainers.
Our shared goal is to be the natural choice provider of expert advice and independent assurance services to the global rail industry. Care, integrity and excellence will always drive our long-term relationships with clients and colleagues.
Due to continued growth we are now looking to strengthen our rolling stock team to support the delivery of existing and new projects.