Ricardo Rail UK is a multi-discipline rail consultancy providing services in expert advice and independent assurance across the UK, Europe, Middle East and Asia where we employ c500 consultants working on rolling stock, infrastructure and independent assurance projects.
Our UK Rail business employees c120 consultants in offices in London, Preston, York, Bristol and Derby, which is our head office.
We provide consultancy and independent assurance services, including NoBo, DeBo, AsBo and ISA, across infrastructure and rolling stock to a clients including infrastructure managers, train manufactures, equipment manufacturers and maintainers.
Our shared goal is to be the natural choice provider of expert advice and independent assurance services to the global rail industry. Care, integrity and excellence will always drive our long-term relationships with clients and colleagues.
Due to continued growth we are now looking to strengthen our design team to support the delivery of existing and new projects. The role we are seeking to fill is that of an electrical systems consultant to support the delivery of rolling stock projects, these will include fleet consultancy, design and assurance projects.
We are seeking a rolling stock design engineer to undertake and deliver rolling stock engineering design projects including the use of 2D and 3D CAD modelling.
You will be required to design and draw schematics and wiring layouts for a variety of rolling stock projects including:
• Passenger train interiors
• Passenger and freight underframes
• Installation of new electrical systems and modifications to trains
You will be required to work on your own initiative under the direction of a project manager to deliver design projects to our clients.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
• Work with clients to understand ultimate objectives and desired outcomes for each project.
• As part of a team, lead and deliver specific work packages to quality, time and budget.
• Liaise with other consultants on project issues and interface with clients on both technical matters if required.
Qualifications / Experience/ Skills:
• Engineering qualification HND/Degree
• Membership of a relevant engineering institution.
• CAD experience, Ricard Rail uses Solid Works and microstation software.
• Strong experience in one or more of the following: o Electrical Schematics
o Wiring diagrams
o Electrical installation design
o Cable and conduit installations
o Electrical train systems (PIS, CCTV etc.)
• Good knowledge of UK rail industry.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively.